LTD F-250 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-250

I play mostly Metallica, Megadeth, and some blues; and i gotta say, it fits these styles perfectly, I've had it for about 4 months and it still impresses me with its variety of sounds. I use it through a...**sigh** Marshall MG30DFX, **pauses for booing** I know, might not be the greatest Amp ever, but it actually sounds very acceptable using this guitar, I plan on getting a larger tube amp when i get the money.

The guitar is perfect for more aggressive playing styles, AND sounds great clean. I've only been playing for about 2 years, this is my 2nd guitar, and i gotta tell you, its quite a huge upgrade from a Yamaha! If it were stolen, I'd probably save some more money and buy the F-400 version of it, since it has active EMGs, and a Licensed Floyd-Rose, but for intermediate guitarists looking for a rich, aggressive tone, for a reasonable price...I'd definitely recommend the F-250!

I gigged with the guitar a couple of times, never disappointed me, although I gotta have a backup guitar when playing live, I would never expect anything to go wrong with it.

The action is great, never had to change it, although I did need to slightly raise the pickups to get more gain out of it. The ONLY major problem in the guitar is its finish...I liked the pain-job, and it never came off, but what did come off was the shiny metallic layer on top of it, and it chips really easily, so I would recommend getting it a hard-case.

Neck-Thru-Body Construction 25.5 Scale Mahogany Body Maple Neck Rosewood Fingerboard 42mm Locking Nut Extra Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Black Nickel Hardware ESP Tuners ESP Floyd Bridge ESP Passive Pickups Finish: Silver This beast is made in Indonesia (not quite sure when but probably around 2004) It has 24 frets, a Maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard, a solid Mahogany body, Black hardware, ESP pickups, ESP "floyd" bridge, and a 42 mm locking nut.