LTD F-250 review by ESP

• Reviewer's score: 3.4 Poor
ESP: LTD F-250

I play almost anything. Hendrix, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Slightly Stoopid, and the coil taps help somewhat for being a flexible sounding guitar. However, the guitar itself sounds very muted and has almost no tone, making power chords sound like crap.

Overall, this guitar would make a good first guitar, however that's it. This was my second guitar, and I sold it just because I couldn't stand it anymore. However, to end on a good note, this guitar plays very nice. The neck is very slim and fast and the neck thru is very nice.

Wobbly tuners, and the tremolo arm actually snapped on me. I contacted ESP three different times to get a new one and they said they sent one up. Conviently, each three times, I never got one. Due to the plastic paintjob, this guitar scratches and dents VERY easily. I would never take this guitar on stage, due to the lack of tone. I probably wouldn't even take it as a backup.

The guitar was mediocrely set up. The whammy bar broke, and one of the screws for the bridge actually fell off randomly, and I still can't seem to find it anywhere. Also, the cable input constantly gets loose and I need to adjust it almost everytime I play it to keep the cable in.

The model I have is the 2009, although they discontinued it. It has 24 frets with real pearl inlays, jumbo frets, and an alder body with a maple neck. The model I have are ESP pickups, however some have EMG HZ. The guitar itself is very cheaply made. The tuners wobble and it actually is coated in plastic instead of having a real paintjob. Also, it has Floyd Rose special. It is also cheaply made and when the plastic paint and the fake Floyd Rose combine, this thing just sounds awful.