LTD F-2E review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-2E

Purchased from: Mundt music

This guitar suits my style perfectly. It can get really hi-gain crunch, or almost Strat like tones on clean with the coil tap. it's acctually very versatile. I'm running it through a DigiTech EX-7 on the metal zone and univibe setting usually. For an amp, I'm using a Peavey Valveking, which has great cleans, but the distortion is a bit lacking in the gain department, so that's where the pedal comes in. With the coil tap engaged it's very bright, just a little hollow though. With it disengaged, it's very full and more mellow.

I mostly play alice in chains, which is pretty much a great way to identify how I play, soft bright clean and heavy ditortion. This guitar does perfectly in both. I own a Gibson SG faded, which is also a great guitar, but a little dark on the cleans, a Peavey valveking, the 4/12, a cube 30, and a Peavey blazer. I asked the guy at mundt music (my local music store) all about this guitar, so no problem there. If I lost this guitar I would get so pissed, definitely buyanother one when it comes out in march or april. So far everything is great, sound, function, action, everything. The floyd is probably my favorite feature, I've always wanted one just for versatility. It's got everything I would want, except, instead of having a locking nut, I would like locking tuners, just for easier tuning.

I've only had this guitar for a few hours, but I've been playing the whole time, so in the sound and everything, I'm pretty sure, but for this part, it's kinda hard. But from what I can tell this guitar could definitely take some punishment. Ebony is a hard, dense wood that will not likely dent, ding etc. the hardware will totally last. I could definitely depend on this guitar in a gig situation, with no backup. It balances perfectly on a strap.

The action was a little loose, but comfortable and with no fret buzz. The pickups are adjusted fine, the wood grain matches perfectly, and the guitar overall has no flaws that I've found yet.

Ok, this guitar was made in 2008 in Vietnam. It's not mass produced yet (as of Feb. 15, 2008). I am really lucky for finding one of the early ones. but on with the review, this guitar has 24 XL jumbo frets on an ebony fingerboard. It has a maple neck (through body), which really adds on to the sustain. The body is mahogany with an ebony top. for those of you Who are wondering ebony is more bright than mahogany, almost like alder tonally. The finish is see through gloss, so the wood grain kind of makes you look like your playing a table. The pickups have coil taps and are designed by emg & ESP, but I'm not sure of the models. It has a Floyd Rose style bridge, which can really let you do those divebombs, whines etc. with the greatest of ease. But it didn't come with any sort of case/bag so a nine on features.

the_addict
    JJamieT wrote: I love ESP's. maybe one day i'll be able to afford one. not sure about the yellow stripe behind the bridge though.
    its a neck-thru neck. thats the wood from the neck.
    Realityburn
    I picked one of these up used recently. I'll post a review in a while with my take on it. It's a very nice guitar, but it has a couple flaws that stop it from crossing the line between "very nice" and "amazing". I'll detail those flaws in my review.
    Def_Leppard_Man
    im lookin at buyin 1 at a music store down the road but the one they hav has a recessed floyd rose original what is the bridge in this one?
    elseany
    damn thats nice. i wanna get that guitar. anyone know how much is is in USD or CDN?
    SPAWN_051486327
    i actually jsut bought one, i was palying it in the music store MAn did i lvoe it, so yeah! i left it there and there throwing some black outs in it! im pretty psyched , picking it up in a couple days!
    Insanity207
    This is a nice guitar but ive heard bad reviews about it so im going to stay away from it until i know i can afford it. And byt the way That yellow strip is not the wood and its no defualt its just the Lighting of the photo taken go check out other pics of the guitar and youll see the bridge better.
    cobain42
    Havok19 wrote: ebony top? it has an ebony fretboard not an ebony top.
    acctually it DOES have an ebony top. look it up.
    cobain42
    yeah, musiciansfriend did the same thing to me. i only posted the link for the pics.
    jack47804
    sam ash actually doesnt have it available on their website the 2 shown are already sold and they have 2 coming in on 4/15/08 took about an hour on the phone to get them to admit they didnt have it "in stock"
    cobain42
    i had a really hard time finding mine. i tried doing what your doing, but no luck. so i walked into the local music store, only for picks acctually, and it was the first thing i saw. i said out loud, "thats not supposed to be here". i bought it then and there. it was the best day of my life. no joke. sorry for the story guys.
    jack47804
    good luck finding one, I've been trying to track one of these down for about 5 weeks, cant get closer than a picture with "backordered" tacked over it. ~chuckles~ if anyone sees one in stock post a link please
    Wicked Rose
    I'm actually about... 2 months from getting one of these anyways. it's good to see that the reviews are this good for it.
    jack47804
    anyone have any decent screenshots or video of this guitar, i covet it ! would love to see a shot of the back of the neck and body
    JJamieT
    Realityburn
    And, to stop the disagreement above: The top IS INDEED ebony, not walnut. And the "yellow stripe" talked about IS the neck.