LTD F-2E review by ESP

• Controls: Vol/tone Push-pull coil-splitting on tone control
  • Tuners: ESP-LTD
  • Hardware color: Black nickel
  • Pickup selector: 3-way toggle
Sorry, I more or less copied that from a website since I didn't know of hand. One thing is that it said it had a Floyd Rose Special... which it did not. It has an ESP Licensed Floyd Rose. The Special would honestly be a significant upgrade over the stock trem.

I prefer to play metal however, I will play a wide range of music when with friends. To be honest, I am not very impressed with the ESP pickups that are on it... by any means... It has an alright sound clean but is a little muddy and weak when distorted. The pickups will be upgraded in the future with something a little brighter. I am using a B-52 half stack with a DigiTech GNX3. It honestly just sounds stale... the pickups are not impressive and the tremolo is garbage.

As far as the question about "what kind of sounds can the guitar make?" Well read this outloud... "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm."

So as you can see from the image, this guitar has a beautiful finish (if you are into the wood grain look) Honestly when I saw this guitar, I really didn't care how bad the sound or bridge was because I knew for the most part that I could change that. I have always loved ESP guitars just because of how nice they felt to play IMO. So in the case of me buying this guitar, it was beautiful and enjoyable to play and that is all I really had cared about. I complaint is about the black chrome looking hardware did not age well by any means :-( thus will be replaced :-)

Alright... The finish seems pretty strong and durable. I've accidentally knocked mine a couple times and came out with no nicks dings or scratches. However, this bridge sucks. HORRIBLE. I literally sat there and played a song, re-tune, played a song, re-tuned. The bridge is a must upgrade if you own this and have a soul then do it a favor and upgrade. Simply for that reason, this would not go on stage with me. At least not till the bridge gets upgraded. I would not be able to depend on it, and this thing would be my back up guitars back up.

I mostly play metal. Occasional Indy for my girlfriend. With the stock pickups, this would be good for band practice or just playing for your significant other. I have been playing for 14 years. I have owned a Jackson RR20, ESP LTD MH-100, Ibanez ART320, Schecter C-1+, Schecter C-1 Classic, Schecter C-1 Diamond Series, Jackson KEXMG Kelly, and this ESP LTD F-2E. If it were stolen or lost, I would buy this again, simply because once this has all new hardware... It WILL be my go to axe. Like i said earlier... I absolutely love the look and finish of this thing. I absolutely hate the hardware. And finally. I wish it had a DiMarzio X2N bridge and the breed neck as well as an Original Floyd Rose with maybe some Gotoh locking tuners for fun.

danosjacob
    I am looking to list and sell this guitar in a couple days. I changed the tuners to better minis in black finish. Some wear on locking nut allen keyholes. Comes with ESP hardshell case for f-series guitars. Gorgeous guitar that sounds great and is dynamic in application; I just don't play it very often and would love for it to go to a loving home. if anyone here would be interested in buying it, let me know and I'll link you to the listing as soon as I post it. Thanks!