LTD F-400FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-400FM

I play hardcore, such as emocore in my band, and metalcore on my freetime, for this, it's really great! The distortion get to a higher level, the bass is boosted and shakes the whole room while the welldefined treble gives a great attack to your tone. On the clean channel, many would probably think that it sounds crap, because of the EMG's, but for some strange reason, the cleans are fantastic! The only explanation I can come up with must be that it must be I very fine piece of wood, because this guitar has an unbelievable tone! Sure, it's noisy. If you play next to your tv with full gain on your amp. Although I am totally satisfied, I guess people want more versatility in the already amazing tone this guitar can produce.

I guess that people wouldnt think it fits emocore so much, everyone says it's metal, but I fell in love with this guitar since the first day I saw it, and every time I look at it I think: "Damn, this guitar is beutiful!" I've been playing for four years now, and this is by far the greatest guitar I've ever played (I don't like real ESPs for some strange reason) and I play through a Roland and a V-Amp2. The V-Amp2 sucks, so the sound isn't all to good, but its not because of the guitar though! If it was stolen I would probably break down and cry for a couple of days, grab a pitchfork and hunt the sucker down, so I guess I care about the guitar. What I love about the guitar is that the tone is so beutiful! I don't hate anything with the guitar, but I may dislike that because of the unusual shape of it makes the weight balance a little distributed in a wierd way, so compared to a sturdy Les Paul, that has the bridge by the crotch, this one has it more to the right thigh, perhaps a decimeter, a little uncomfortable at first, but after reahearsing with the band a couple of times, it's ok. Anything I wish it had? Perhaps a harder and more durable paint. Besides from that this guitar is a miracle!

This guitar will withstand liveplaying, no doubt! The strapbuttons that came with the guitar were good and wide, but I now have schaller strap-loks for a little more "extreme" stage moves, so with them, it will never let you down! The finish is high-polish, so it easily stains and gets scratchy, but I guess thats the price for a beutiful Shine from the guitar. I wouldnt hesitate to much if I didn't have an extra guitar for a gig, but I still would though, going without a backup is just stupid, even if your main guitar is great.

The factory settings were next to perfect, the only thing that possibly would be to complain about would be that the strings are a little low, but I like it! But the pickup adjustion is perfect, everything is, besides the string height. The guitar did have some flaws. On the lower horn/cutaway there was a chip on it, I don't think it was from dropping it though. And there was a little "orange-skin" beneath the other cutaway. I've also seen that some of these have had poorly filed frets aswell, but all of these were nicely filed.

This guitar was made in korea in 2005, has 24 XJ frets & 25. 5 scale neck, a dark and nice rosewood fretboard with a maple neck and mahogany body and the neck construction is a set-thru (set neck with the impression of a neck-thru. With a flamed maple top and trans black highly polished finish, this guitar changes its colour depending on the light. Dark purple in yellow light (such as bulbs) & Graphite gray in white light. Tune-O-Matic bridge, active EMG 81 humbucker pickups-set, one tone control and one volume + pickupswitch. Grover tuners and earvana compensating nut for more precise intonation.

Mahoru
    The F-400 FM is by far better than the C-1 ' I use it nearly the same as my ESP Forest-G
    ChoPxSueY
    If god played metal guitar he would have one of these =/ It looks amazing... i cant afford that on a guitar tho
    awsomeguitarguy
    I just played this guitar today and a is so freaking good even my dad who doesnt play guitar wants it and he wants to get a line 6 spider 3 150 watt amp for it!!!!! I played this with a Line 6 spider3 150 watt and it is the best sounding frickin thing Ive ever heard!!!!!
    Taint McGooch
    My other guitar player has a Line 6 Spyder III and i gotta say, that thing sucks, the tone is too dry, he's got an Allen, whom i have never seen an electric guitar from other than the one he has, it's a beautiful guitar, we A/B his Allen to the F-400 and man that 400 whoops some serious ass. it had the Allen beat on almost every aspect except one...tone...this F-400 is obviously made for high gain settings but if you even put the slightest bit of chorus on it on a clean channel, everything kind of gets a little muddy...but no matter i haven't used the clean channel yet other than A/Bing these 2, i gotta say though ESP has another guitar in the same style the F-E/2 and it friggin rocks. The split-coil humbucker is a beauty...
    Shimekiri
    I've got an Epiphone Les Paul STD as my first guitar it plays amazing when I want to play classic rock, blues or even hair metal. However it's very limiting when it comes to heavy metal (i.e: CoB, Kalmah, etc) and was looking at the F-400FM does it do the job?
    guitarjesper
    its about 850 euro's, im probably gonna buy it also i think its better then the viper-400, i wanted to buy else