LTD F-400FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-400FM

Purchased from: World music Supply

This guitar perfectly fits my style of music (metal, death metal. I use it with a Randall 150 G3 stack and it sounds like satan on steroids. The guitar has EMG 81 pickups, which I was iffy on before I bought it, but they are amazing. The pickups have no hum or feedback when I crank my amp and have my gain at 11. It has a full heavy chug sound with it which is perfect for my style of music. The sustain and notation is godly, I can bend for days and it will still squeal. I've heard that EMG's are crap for clean but they seem alright, I don't play much country on this beast.

Again, this guitar was born for metal. The looks would make any woman orgasm and any emo kid to spontaneously combust. It's light as a feather too, like half the weight of a Gibson LP. I have been playing for a solid 8 years now and been gigging for 4 years, I have played everything from a Ibanez to a caster and this guitar kills them. I was going to buy a Schecter hellrasier but they don't ship where I live, don't get me wrong hellraisers are sexy but this guitar is excalibur. So seriously dudes get this guitar, get laid and kill emos with it.

I haven't played Live with it yet, but it's pretty sturdy, the strap buttons are really sturdy. But I would get some strap locks. The tuners are precise and the knobs, uhhh well they turn alright. The finish would last but you can't see finger prints on it in the light. So clean it everytime you play it.

When it came out of the box it was perfectly set up (besides tuning). the action was so low I could blow on the neck and shred. The pickups were pretty well adjusted, the neck pickup was pretty low but I can tweak it. The neck markers look pretty sick, there were no flaws at ALL. it's a mahogony body so it has amazing sustain and is lighter than your girlfriends tits. Yup so the guitar was pretty virgin when I took it out of the box. Now it's not.

This guitar was made in korea in 2005, has 24 XJ frets & 25. 5 scale neck, a dark and nice rosewood fretboard with a maple neck and mahogany body and the neck construction is a set-thru (set neck with the impression of a neck-thru. With a flamed maple top and trans black highly polished finish, this guitar changes its colour depending on the light. Dark purple in yellow light (such as bulbs) & Graphite gray in white light. Tune-O-Matic bridge, active EMG 81 humbucker pickups-set, one tone control and one volume + pickup switch. Grover tuners and earvana compensating nut for more precise intonation.