LTD F-400FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-400FM

Purchased from: Ulich Music Store

This guitar suits what I play perfectly. I play everything from Jimi Page to Metalica. It gets pretty good cleans, but distortion and overdrive is where it realy shines. The humbuckers give a very full dark tone but when you set it to single coil it's a little brighter. This guitar sounds great. I've played at least fifty excellent guitars that were much more expensive than this and werent nearly the same qaulity. It gives great harmonics and it can handle all the bends you can throw at it.

I've been playing for over four years and this guitar suits me perfectly. I love the set thru neck and the split humbuckers. I love everything about this guitar and if it was stolen I would probably hunt whoever did it down and kill him and take it back. This guitar is amazing and it's a steal for the price. I compared it with many Schecters and other ESPs, Fenders and Gibsons and it was just as good as all of them if not better. I kinda wish it had floyd rose, but, floyd rose is realy a pain and it doesnt't make the guitar any cheaper. Even if I had floyd rose I honestly don't think I would use it very much. Oh, and if you're lookin for a new guitar, don't go to guitar center, their service sucks, they have too many guitars to keep track of, and the atmosphere is lowsy.

I haven't had this guitar for long but I have a very good friend Who love to go wild on stage and he also owns an ESP H series. it's an older model but it's in great shape. This finish on his guitar is great and I don't expect to have any problems. The strap buttons are fine but before I do I gig I'll probably get strap locks. I don't wanna drop a guitar this beuatiful. I don't play live much and I don't own another guitar of nearly this qaulity. I would always prefer to play with a back up to not no matter what guitar I had, but I could and most likely will play without a backup. This guitar seems extremely reliable.

When I bought this guitar the action was perfect. I don't know how it was out of the box because the guy who runs the stores adjusts the action on all the guitars before he sells them. As far as I can tell there are no flaws. everythings tight, the controls are fine. everything is exactly the way it should be.

As far as I know this guitar was made in 2006 cause I just bought it new. It has a beutiful see through amber finish. The finish is perfect (it should I just bought it) One of the nice things about this guitar is it has split humbuckers so it gives you a greater variety of sounds. It also has a set thru construction. There is a contour at the base of the neck so that you can actualy play on the upper frets. ESP is an excellent company. They're guitars are nicer and cheaper than anything Fender or Gibson sells. If you're interested in ESP's I would deffinately tell you to look into schecters too. They have some very similar products for around the same price (if you think a guitar is to expensive on their websites note that you can get any guitar for at least 200 under the list price if you can find a good shop).