LTD F-400FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-400FM

Purchased from: Bills Music House

Perfect for my music style which is all metal, rock, alternative, and my own junk which is a combination of the previous 3. I am using it with a Line 6 spider 3 150 watt and a DigiTech DF7 pedal but I don't know what it would really sound like since I can't play it till christmas of 07, although I did play it with a Line 6 Spider III 35 Watt at the shop and it sounded amazing. No noise what'soever! The guitar can make all kinds of sound but the way I do pinch-harmonics is weird and so it is kind of hard to do them. Fantastic sound!

Good metal style match! I've been playing for about 1 and 1/4 years nothing to ask about it if I had the chance. If it were stolen or lost, if I had the money, I'd buy 2 more! I love the sound, feel, and look, but since the back of the neck has the finish without the see-through, your hand can't slide down it at ultra-fast speeds, but that doesnt't bother me yet. I compared it to everything and it's fine! I wish it had non-active pickups, like EMG HZ81 passives but I don't mind that much, and I wish it had a whammy bar but it wouldn't look good and it would get kind in the way so it's not a gigantic problem, amazing, great, awesome, fantastic guitar!

Heck yeah live playing! The hardware would probably last 2-3 years unless you play it into the ground! The strap buttons will not come off and they are big so neather will your Strat. Always use a backup with this cause the EMG actives might go dead on you. The finish wont wear off but it'll get messy, clean it!

Set up perfectly in the factory, I bought it Brand New and nobody else had ever played it, ever, right out of the box. The pickups were adjusted fine, although the neck pickups was a little too close to the neck, but it's not huge hassle. No flaws except the finish shows many scratches and terrible fingerprints in direct light (you would basically have to lay it flat out beneath a light.

This guitar is great! I don't know the year but it's got 24 jumbo frets rosewood. Mahogany body and neck, see-through black! The body style is insane: it's like a Strat but with no pickguard and every round line is straight and geometric, hard to describe. 1 volume, 1 tone, 1 3 way selector. Pickups are active EMG 81's, non locking tuners. I kinda knew the guy I worked with and I was supposed to get a free strap and gigbag, so I kept the gigbag and traded the strap for a pack of elixir strings (not sure which kind, very smooth) and this thing that turns the tuners fast (good for restringing). Awesome!