LTD F-400FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-400FM

Purchased from: Highway Guitar

This guitar has to be one of the best for metal and hard rock. I play stuff like metallica and slayer and this guitar perfectly suits this style. I usually play it through a Marshall JVM valve amp and it really gives you a heavy crunchy sound. For the clean side of things, this guitar does a good job, but not great. When it's on the clean channel, I think the texture is too thick for my liking, but after all, this guitar is designed for metal. Overall, an amazing sounding guitar on distortion.

Like I said, this guitar is designed for metal and is essential for the metal heads out there. It's the best metal guitar I have played on to date and is definitely worth it's price. I fell in love with the guitar the moment I saw it. The fretboard and the shape of the body makes it stand out from other guitars and the see-through black finish is stunning. It is also very comfortable to play on, sitting down and standing up, which is a problem I have with my Les Paul. I wish I had a Floyd Rose on the guitar so I can whammy the hell out it and I'm guessing it probably would sound amazing if you can divebomb on it.

I have played several live gigs with this guitar and there has been no problem at all! And it has been my favorite live guitar up til' now. I've only had it for about 3 years, but I have to say this guitar can withstand hell. I've smashed it against the table a couple of times, banged it up on the ceiling, dropped it down the stairs TWICE, and all it just had was a couple of scratches that are barely visible and it still sounds amazing. The strap buttons are very solid, haven't had a problem with it. The only small problem I had with it was that the volume knobs came loose once and I had to tighten them, but that's about it.

This guitar was perfectly set up at the factory and it worked as soon as I took it out of the box. The pickups and everything was set up right there were no problems. No chips or scrapes or anything. Just a beautiful looking guitar.

This beauty was manufactured in Korea in 2007. Its got 24 jumbo frets rosewood, 25.5" scale (they're EMG's so you can play on the pickups if you press hard enough). Its got a mahogany body with a flamed maple top. The fretboard looks amazing with the custom tribal inlays. Pickups are active EMG 81's. It also has a Tune-O-Matic bridge.