LTD F-400FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-400FM

Purchased from: Used

Like I said, I play progressive metal. It is very heavy, and very clear. I can crank the distortion on my 6505+ and get great metal tones, and still play full bar chords without the guitar sounding like pure mud. It is amazing and clear!

It is a top of the line metal guitar. Short of an ebony fretboard and mahogany neck, this guitar is perfect for me. The shape, comfortability and tone are all amazing! I give it a 9 out of 10, for it is amazing, but I am sure there's custom guitars that would blow it out of the water. But for the working man/gigging musician, this is a pure metal machine!

Definitely. I've played live and jammed with it a lot. It's a sturdy guitar and nothing has given my trouble. Stays intonated and in tune very well.

When I got it, it was amazing. It's two or three years old, too, so that says something!

The guitar is a 2008 made in Korea LTD F400FM. It is a 24X fret guitar, rosewood with a maple neck. Mahogany body, flamed maple top. The shape is very unique, but comfortable! The EMG 81/81 set really make this guitar scream, and the grover tuners are a perfect match. All in all, for a hard tail, this guitar is hard to beat, and is a metal machine. For my progressive metal playing styles, I give this a 9 out of 10! Only an ebony fretboard and a mahogany neck would make this guitar better for me.