LTD F-400FM review by ESP

- Bridge: TonePros T3BT w/string-thru-body
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Toggle Pickup Selector
- Color: See Thru Black

It has active EMG 81's, Grover tuners, and a tribal fretboard inlay. I use a Planet Waves locking guitar strap with this particular guitar. The tuners, unfortunately, are non-locking.

This guitar is a great one for the metal sound that you might be looking for. I am using it with a Spider IV 30, and a 20 foot cable. It has a very bright sound, but it also is very distorted using just the bridge pickup. I play metalcore, hardcore, and occasionally death metal. This guitar fits my needs for all three genres. But put it on clean sound, or crunch, and its bright sound and clarity will blow you away. Every single note you play on it will be defined and easily heard, just like a reliable guitar should be.

The guitar was built very well, I bought it used, with very little marks on it. The pickups are adjusted very well. There are no manufacturing defects or flaws. ESP discontinued this model, sadly, but it is still surprisingly easy to get replacement parts. I have read reviews on this guitar saying that the paint chips easily, but this is so far from the truth. I bought this guitar used, and it contained only 2 or 3 pick marks, very slight, and the previous owner had owned it for 3 years! I'd say that is not bad at all!

This guitar is built for live playing. The hardware is unbelievable durable, and you can get spare parts relatively easy, considering that it was discontinued. But I have yet to have to buy replacement parts, because it has never given me any trouble. I am rating this category a ten because I truly believe this guitar has the most durability I've ever seen in one. I have played live gigs with it, and the strap locks withstood my bouncing, jumping, and everything that comes with my heavy music on stage. I would definitely trust this guitar onstage again, and again, and again.

Being as that I play metalcore style of music, this guitar fits my needs EXTREMELY well. I also own an ESP EC-10, and this guitar is my preferred model. I would re-buy this in a heartbeat if I lost it, no question. I managed to get this guitar for an insanely cheap price, because it is discontinued and was previously used. $400 is what I paid for it, but the price being asked everywhere else is $1, 200. So if you manage to find one for a good price like I did, grab it fast. This guitar, I promise, will not let you down in any of these categories. I even am recording with it currently, and have recorded an album in the past with it. It sounds amazing.