LTD F-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-50

Purchased from: Gamblins

The sound of the F50 is pretty good right out of the box until you put some ditortion to it. It lacks clarity and can sound pretty muddy at high gain levels. That has all since changed! I install the EMG 81/85 combo and it total woke this guitar up. It now has monstrous tone and sustain out the ying yang. Well worth the cost fo $380.00 ($200.00 for the F50 and $180.00 for the EMGs). Now this guitar has more range from a bluesy sound through the 85 to a total metal assault through the 81. The tone knob definitely has more effect on the actual tone unlike the stock ones.

I'm very satisfied with my buy. I heard a lot of things, both positive and negitive, about the F-50. I couldn't be happier.

I mostly play thrash metal and with the EMG's set this guitar plays it perfect, I've only been playing two years but I know a good guitar when I see one. I use a Line 6 Spider II and it sounds and plays like a dream on this amp, the only thing that I disliked about this guitar were the pickup's. But since I've replaced them, the guitar is pretty much perfect.

From what i can tell, very well made. Finish & fit are perfect. No loose partst or cosmetic blemishes. Product seems very reliable & durable. I have a very good feeling that she won't let me down. This product would be appropriate on the road if you wern't planning on playing it in the car. I'd be very angry if she got scratched or chipped. It would take alot for that to happen, but anythings possible. Keep it in a case if your traveling with it! I have not found a bad quality in this guitar, don't think i will & i will be very surprised & a little dissapointed.

The guitar is very easy to play and can be used by both the advanced and newbie player, it looks like a metal guitar and plays like one, it even has a nice 24 fretboard for good messure. The basic specs: - Construction: bolt-on - Scale: 25.5" - Body: agathis - Neck: maple - Fretboard: rosewood - Inlays: dots with model name at 12th fret - Pickups: ESP LH-100 set - Electronics: volume, toggle, tone - Hardware: black - Bridge: Tune-O-Matic/string-thru-body - Frets: 24 XJ

ReeseKillsHIV
    I had a Fender HSS...it was stolen. I paid 400 dollars for that, and it was a great guitar. I decided I needed a quick fix, and the F-50 was 200 dollars. I thought, " Well, this is cheap, and it looks cool, until I get something better. " Turned out looking, playing, and sounding better than the Fender that cost 200 more. I love this guitar.
    Floyal
    Hard -X- core to the ma -X- core ! this guitar is l33t it even competes with the higher end esp's. In my opinion the standard pickups are fine so just rock ! DETOL-METOL !
    tony_rockstar
    BigDwii
    Can this guitar do pinch harmonics. Also is this guitar an intermediate guitar or a beginner guitar because i already have a beginners guitar and i don't want another one. I want PINCH HARMONICS!
    Mayu!~
    I have the F-100FM and I love it. still do after having bought it a few years ago and now have a japanese Grassroots F model to compare with it. The F-100FM is just great. Not perfect but great. Comfy, stylish and sounds pretty good. Wouldn't give it anything over a 7 though
    rv_phoenix
    As any "metal" guitar, it can play pretty much anything, from blues to rock. It's versatile and has a pretty good sound when distorted. It lacks some clarity when played clean, but you can get surprisingly good jazz sound out of it. Too bad the shape is odd and quite uncomfortable.
    Cranker
    I gotta say, I got mine used for 150$ and I only use it just to be my beater guitar. And I mean I litteraly play this thing to death. Its taken so much abuse and its holding on strong. You can't go wrong with this guitar.
    tremolo%
    i was thinking of buying this guitar but i'm confused between this one and ESP ltd M-50..could someone tell me which is better? and what does lowering the bridge mean? also people have spoken about F-50 sounding better after putting EMGs but could someone tell how is it without the EMGs coz i cant buy them now.. how smoothly can one bend the strings in this?
    RChandlerUG
    Bought it for $150 secondhand about two years ago, great beginner guitar for metal, but it really can play anything. Moving on to another guitar for emgs and a floyd, but definitely keeping this one around because I love it and can't let it go.
    Cantplay4penuts
    p.s. i can do pinch harmonics on it. I do pinch harmonics on my bullet strat...with single coils. easy. just got to hit the right spot
    Cantplay4penuts
    By the looks of the reviews, the only 2 bad ones where bougth from Sam Ash... so im going to assume it was the store doing a half arsed Job. Went to the local shop a month ago. Tried a red one. Looked sweet, played fast. Tried it again today, only a black one. same thing, awesome. Only there was 1 small dent on the neck that was patched up, i assume that was from being shipped from the states, its unoticable and doesnt affect play. I cant wait to get it for christmas. lol
    13_Nil
    I got this guitar as a birthday gift this past July. Now, it is the only one I play lol. I slightly lowered the bridge, and that was about the only change I made. Easy to play, great sound for an inexpensive price, and looks bad as hell too. The stock pick-ups are fairly good, but my neck pickup came loose but I'm not worried about it because I usually stick to the bridge pick-up.
    dxvxb
    this guitar is great! if u gave it a bad review u probably never gave this guitar a chance. it looks awesome and plays good. So its not the best what can u expect from a $200 guitar? i own one and love it.
    samthemunky
    Great Guitar, Had It For 2 Years, Awesome For Metal (my Preffered Style), I even get away With Using It In My Indie Band. I Stuck Some Bare Knuckle Nailbomb Pickups Onto It And It Plays Better Than My Friends Ibanez, Jackson And Gibson, Not Bad For The Price
    CHKurenai
    This guitar is GREAT for metal. You may have to adjust the bridge a little bit to get the action just right, but is well worth it in the end. I agree with Floyal, this guitar is l33t.
    brandenmdit
    yeah this giutar is great but how come the picture is red and why doesnt it list it under ltd it does say it at the top
    Dannychords
    This guitar is awesome i still have mine now for like two years or so, i love esp, but i had to fix the crap outa the bridge and mess with the action, it sucked until recently
    rebellion41
    I didn't feel like filling an entire review, but I do want to say I've owned an f50 for a little over a year now and I love it. It preforms amazingly considering the price. Great for first or second guitar (it's my second) and works for all kinds of rock.
    MaggaraMarine
    tony_rockstar wrote: Hey , Hi Can Someone tell me Whether you can Change the bridge of this guitar so as to put a tremolo Bar ??? Is it Possible ? IS it BAd for the guitar . . ? Looking forward for your reply . .!
    I don't think you can put a whammy on this guitar but I'm not sure. I don't know if you can find a whammy that fits into this guitar. I would rather buy a new guitar with a whammy.