LTD F-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-50

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I am in a metalcore band, and this is the perfect guitar. I used to be in a rock band, it was the perfect guitar. I also used to be in an emo band (please don't laugh I hated it too) and it was the perfect guitar. I used to be in a shred band, still, the perfect guitar, through any amp with any pedals. Though I preferrably play it through my custom Crate.

Overall I would say that I love this guitar more than my wife. I own a Vintage Fender acoustic, a custom Vintage Gibson, and I still play this guitar. I have invested over $450 dollars in this guitar, and I couldn't ask for more.

This guitar took a direct hit from a cymbal the day after I got it. It caused the most minor nick ever, any other guitar would have been cracked. Nothing has fallen off, nothing seems worn, the finish still looks fresh, and it looks so damn awesome.

The day I got it, it was perfect (a year later I did minor work to it myself, just because I'm a detail whore). The finish is gorgeous, and there wasn't a single thing I could complain about. To this day I have lowered my fretboard and scalloped my 21-24 frets, now it plays like a warm knife through butter. One time my volume knob fell off, but it was my own fault.

This 24 fret beast is my favorite guitar ever. The minute I plugged it in, I fell in love. It sounded incredible from the get go, but after I purchased it I noticed it was a little sloppy sounding when played super loud, so I replaced the pickups with Seymour Duncans. It now sounds nicer than my Vintage Les Paul, and I can play anything from rock to blues to metal.