LTD F-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-50

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

The sound on this guitar is exactly what I need for my style, I like to play a lot of rock, heavy metal, punk, and a little funk, but, it sounds great in whichever style I'm playing, even the blues! I use it with an old Washburn 15 watt amp and a Behringer overdrive/distortion pedal (only 40 bucks), and it sounds like a bloody dream. It can go really loud, but I'm not allowd to turn it up too loud because my mum then gets pissed off at me and doesn't let me play, and no, she doesn't understand. I was quite surprised at how much the pickups change the sound with the tone control, since it was only 1 tone control I wasnt expecting much, but, I as blown away at how many diff sounds you could get out of it. It can produce a very wide variety of sounds.

I've been playing guiar for a bit more than a year now and I've had about 5 guitars so far, the old Hoyer H5068 that I'm gonna sell soon (look out for it on eBay), a nice electric Washburn (Nuno Bettencourt model) and that plays well, cheap acoustic Valencia, nice sunburst acoustic Alvarez Gibson copy, and two 3/4 size no-named acoustics. This guitar kicks all of their butts though. I'm into all of the rock and this guitar is the perfect axe for it. If it were stolen I would track down and kill the guy who took it, because it is my favourite guitar, I wouldnt buy another because this one is mine. I actually was thinking of buying a Fender Fat Strat but, I played that then this and this sounded and played better, or so I thought. Then my friend said get a Gibson SG, I played one, it was nice too, but too expensive. My friend came over to my house a few months ago and was inspired by my electric guitar so, of course he went out and bought himself one, an Epiphone SG, and thats a nice guitar. My guitar is better!

I havn't had this guitar for long, but judging by how much I've played it it will last through world war 3 (it even survived my little brothers). I highly doubt that the paint will flake because it seems to be on thick enough, the strap buttons are really positioned well, on my old guitar they were a bit out and the strap kept falling off, but not on this one. This guitar would be a good live guitar, I'd play it live. It's a really well made, dependable guitar.

Well now, this guitar was set up really well, of course it wasn't tuned! The guitar only had a few fingerprints on it when I got it from the shop. The pickups were perfectly adjusted, the bridge was all good, no flaws, the machine heads are really good quality.

This guitar is a beautiful piece of work. Unfortunatly it was only the guitar I purchased, buit, I got a 1 year warranty on it, I could have got more gear with it: amp, bag, strap, pics. Then it would have been outta my price range and I already had all of that stuff. I really like the 24 XJ frets on the guitar because I need them for some Metallica songs I play and my old Hoyer guitar only had 22 frets. This is an Indonesian made guitar but I think its still a really good quality guitar. The rrp is AU$670 over here but I got it on special and a discount on top of that, so I'm happy. It's got 1 tone and 1 volume control and a 3 way toggle Switch, it could have done with 2 tone & volume controls for the 2 pickups, but, you cant have everything for 540 bucks can you? Its a bolt on neck, Tune-O-Matic brige with string thru body, 6 string, with the model number on the 12th fret. One bad thing about it is that mines in black and the fingerprints show up like dirt on a white shirt, nothing a little wipe can't fix trhough. 25.5" scale, agathis body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, 2 ESP LH-100 pickups, black hardware. The shape of it is really unique, it's got a really hevy metal look, surprisingly it sits really well when playing. Really comfortable to play.