LTD F-50 review by ESP

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
ESP: LTD F-50

Purchased from: Sam Ash

The sound is okay. I play a lot of Blink 182, Nofx, Boxcar Racer, and stuff like that. I dont think the guitar suites the punk rock sound though, but the amp has to do with some of it. I use a Line 6 Spider 15 amp which is great but doesn't give me that exact punk rock sound. I have plugged the guitar into 3 other amps, Fender rock amp, Marshall A something series, and a Mesa Boogie. The sound quality is the same. I don't use any effect pedals with it but my friend does and it works okay. The guitar can go pretty loud without buzzing. I have played it on a 60 watt all the way up and no buzz. The sound is pretty dull normal guitar distortion sound unless you have like 100% distortion on because it sounds good with that. The guitar is ment for metal sound like all LTD's and I didn't know that when I bought it. Unlucky for me.

It's not a good match for me and for any other punk based player. I have been playing for 3 years and for me fenders work the best. I think they have all the quality and sound you will ever need. With this guitar you get rid of it maybe in 1 year. If I had this guitar stolen from me I could careless. The pickups are worth some though. I don't love anything baout this guitar except the neck. Compared to a Fender Strat or Custom Strat or a high quality Squier this guitar sucks.

Playing live, I don't think so. It depends on how you play live, if your a Tom DeLonge follower no gigs! The hardware will last you awhile. Strap buttons are definately solid. I don't know if I would use it at a gig at all, maybe but then better have a Squier backup those things are solid. The finish will last for sure. I have banged it up and it wont chip at all.

The guitar set up is okay usual like I said. Most of the wood is cheap and heavy but it has a nice feel. The pickups are okay Seymour Duncans would be better, and the pickups are hard to adjust its almost like they are nailed in there. The top is pretty well bookmatched, adn bridge is supposed to be a bit higher but its lower. The guitar had one flaw, The tone control for the 3 way didn't work too well. I only got 2 hardly good quality whiel my buddy who has this has no tone difference at all in the 3-way so that should tell you enough. The pickup selectors are decent they look like they could fall off any second.

Alright well these guitars are made in Korea and Indoneasa like all ESP LTD's. It's got a jumbo fret almost flat neck, very easy to manuver you fingers on it. It's a nice medium size guitar, if you got small hands the frets are only less than a thumbs lengh high. The body is cheap wood very heavy. It's got a nice finish to cover up so you don't see it. The body is a very cool cut out, looks very agressive. It's got basic pickup and bridge design (two pickups, high bridge, 2 controls for each pickup and a 3-way sound selection). The sound selection only gives you 2 noticable sounds though. The pickups are the LH 100, deceint pickups buzz alot though. The tuners are cheap so it goes out of tune easily, not hard to get new tuners though. When I bought this guitar it didn't come with any acossories so I was a little bummed because 250 for a Korean made guitar is a rip off. It would have been nice to atleast get a gig bag or a cable, or alteast some picks!