LTD F-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-50

Purchased from: www.music123.com

Pretty much all I play is metal and it does a damn good job for what I paid for it. Right now I am using a little MG10 Marshall but I have played on bigger amos with it and it sounded great. I will also be upgrading to a MG100HDFX Soon too. It is a little noisy if you don't have the volume turned all the way up. Other than that it is dead silent. The sound, for what I paid is amazing. It can give you the really deep bass tones of drop c and yet you can still get a decent ammount of high tones, though I would defanately upgrade to a better set of pickups if you are using a big amp just to make it top notch.

As I said, I play almost all metal. This guitar sounds great. I have been playing for less than a year but I have played a lot of different types of guitars and I can safely say this one is well worth the money. I will be upgrading to a Marshall MG100HDFX soon and I will prabably get new pickups for it but thats all I would replace. If it were stolen I would prabably go for a higher level F. This one is so amazingly made I am excited to see how something like the F-250 or F-400 would be. The only thing I hate is that I didn't buy a bigger amp to go with it. the little one doesn't do it justice. I compaired this guitar to a BC Rich Warlock Bronze edition and an Agile Les Paul 2000 serise. This blows them out of the water. The warlock is very close but it is un comfortable to play due to the strap button configuration and I like the string through bridge on the F-50 is better than a a floating bridge. The Agile didn't have the quality fretwork like the F-50 had. Frets are everything to me and that is what sold me on the F-50. The only thing I wish it had was a cooler finish. I can't complain though. for what I paid for it I got more than I ever expected.

I havn't played a gig with it yet. I have felt other neck through and set neck guitars and this feels almost as solid. I put it through a lit of abuse on my own so I would not be worried playing it live. The hardware is very good. I was amaized at how smooth and acurate the tuners are. Best I have ever used. Everything seems fine also. The strap buttons arn't going anywhere. They are nice and big so the strap can't slid off and are firmly screwed in. I can't really say weather I would use it without a backup because I have never played a gig. The finish is very durable. I have polished it many times and it looks more beautifull every time I see it. I am not affraid of it wearing off.

The setup from the factory was great. The bridge wasn't as low as it could go but in their manual they explain how to adjust everything very clearly. The pickups were adjusted perfactly. It didn't contain a single flaw either, something I was very impressed with. One thing I noticed and have felt most companys have abandoned on on their "low end" guitars is the frets. ESP has made them perfact. I could not ask for a more evenly filed fretboard.

ESP F-50 Made in 2004 in Korea. 24 frets. Agathis body. Gloss black finish. Tune-O-Matic/string-thru bridge. Stock Hot LH-100 humbucker pickups. Volume, tone, 3-way Switch. H/H Pickup config. Don't know the type of tuners. It also came with an allen wrench for adjusting the two way truss rod.