LTD F-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-50

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

This guitar sounds great out of the box. It sounds amazing for the heavier stuff that I like to play. I've recently changed the pickups to a set of EMG HZ's and the guitar sounds perfect now. I play through my Line 6 Spider II amp and this guitar just sounds amazing for every style of guitar imaginable. I personally prefer this guitar for heavier sounding pieces but with the clean setting on the amp, matched with the neck pickup you can get an amazingly warm tone.

I use this guitar for playing metal first and formost. I own 2 guitars and I play this guitar for the majority of the time as it is kept in whole step down tuning. If I ever had this guitar stolen I would be devistated by the loss and I would deffinately rush out to buy another one. I personally must say that it's the finish that sells this guitar to me, the black cherry paint just looks amazing in all lights and from all angles. The only thing I wish it had when I bought it was the EMG pickups that I now hav fitted to it.

I haven't yet played live with this guitar as I'm currently not in a band but I have jammed with it a lot with my friends and the guitar has never let me down. The hardware seems pretty solid after the initial problem with the bridge and hasn't let me down since. This guitar has never let me down in the year that I have had it and it has vastly helped me progress my playing ability. The only damage on this finish came from when the guitar was dropped by my friend and it landed on the end of a table and the mark from it is tiny. Most people have never noticed it.

The guitar came fairly well set up but I had to change the strings to a 10 gauge as the shop didn't send it, with the set I bought at the same time, put on which I thought was a bit rough as I had just forked out 215 for it. The bridge on the guitar had a few rough edges which has lead to a few string snaps. This was easily repaired but I had to get a shop to do it as the bridge is black so it needed to be filed and repainted. The volume control knob also became loose and fell of rather quickly but this was solved with a little bit of blue tac stuck inside the cover.

This guitar comes with 24 extra jumbo frets which makes this a great guitar for learning on and makes it a very easy guitar to play. The body has a nice shape to it, an agressive look but still comfortable to play and most importantly can be played sitting down. The guitar comes with a Tune-O-Matic bridge. You can buy this guitar in three colours, black, titanium, and black cherry. I have this guitar in black cherry and when the light hits it right,then the finish just looks amazing.