LTD F-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-50

Purchased from: Lewis Music In Show Low

This guitars sound is great for rock, metal, blues, jazz, pretty much everything. As far as effects go, light to medium distortion sounds great, but too much can kill all good tones from the guitar. Very quiet in all three positions. It has a pretty thin sound but if you changed out the stock humbuckers you could fix this. Or you could fix it with some tweaks to your amp and effects settings.

I play every genre of music pretty much, and this is a very versatile guitar. For me playing for 4 and a half years, it's a little sub par, but I make it work. If it were stolen I have to say I would buy it again for it's durability and above average sound. The only thing I wish it had was a Floyd Rose like it's more expensive cousins, which is the only thing I don't really like about it. Other than that, it's a reliable work horse of a guitar that I am very fond of.

This guitar is a tank. It's been dropped, it's fallen down, and all with only some slight scuffs. The hardware is in great condition and this guitar will probably outlive me. As far as concerts go, if I didn't use alternate tunings all the time, this would be the only guitar I take to a show.

I got this guitar used and was shocked at the condition it was in. It seems this guitar has been to hell and back and is holding up great. Some minor finish flaws, but only because the previous owner didn't properly maintain. Everything else was fine. The owner of the shop I bought it in takes great care of all his instruments and this one was no exception. He adjusted the pickups and action long before I got it. So it was ready to play when I picked it up.

String through body, 24 frets, Maple neck (Not sure about the body), Solid Black finish, As with most ESP's it has a very unique body style, 3 way tone selector and volume and tone knobs, Dual humbucker (Just Standard ESP Humbuckers), and Non-locking ESP tuners.