LTD FB-200 review by ESP

ESP: LTD FB-200

Purchased from: Guitar center (used)

With metal distortion, this guitar sounds just terrible (I'm not sure if I would say this guitar is best for metal). The EMG hz pickups will be the first thing to go. The afterburner doesn't help at all. I'd describe it's tone as muddy. This guitar is great for cleans though. And with a little afterburner, you can really get some nice jazz tones. Overall I'm disappointed with the sound.

I play in a progressive death metal band, and I definitely wont be recording with this. It'll make a good backup though, and if it were stolen, I probably wouldn't buy another, considering how little there are in good condition. I would recommend this to anyone in search of a solid Baritone guitar that will last. But if you really want to step it up, I'd say get an mhb-400.

I think this could withstand many shows. it's a really solid guitar (built like a tank). I'll probably get strap-locks though, the old ones are pretty loose. The wood is soft though; you'll probably get a number of dents, but nothing fatal. The shape of the guitar also makes it vulnerable to dents, on any of it's corners.

I bought this guitar used, and when I got it, everything looked as if it were set up by a child. Rusty strings, strings not in saddles, super low action, etc. But since I've fixed everything up + new strings, It feels great. The finish doesn't seem to have any flaws aside from the wear made by it's previous owner. The hardware is a bit rusted, not too much though. All of the controls are fine, no noisy pots or anything. When changing the battery for the afterburner, I found that the electronics looked neater, and more professionally soldered than that of my mh-250nt.

My guitar was made in Korea, in 2000. It has 24 xj frets, a basswood body, a maple neck, and has a (kinda) navy blue finish. It also has EMG Hz passive pickups, with an EMG afterburner gain boost. I wasn't too thrilled with the features on this guitar, but for the price, I just had to get it. Also, even for a used guitar, the craftsmanship really shines compared to a lot of the newer ltds (Ill get into that later).

kaboom.
    haha yeah thats actually extremely good. basswood body, maple neck, brand name pickups, not to mention gain boost. they could sell that thing for around 500
    brutalgrindcore wrote: $70 in't bad
    shaymack37
    I have an F-50 I bought brand new for $200. I've never heard the EMG HZ pickups, but the bottom of the line pickups on mine sound great. I had a $370 Ibanez with a floyd rose, but I immediately stopped playing it when I got my ESP/LTD. The Ibanez is just too muddy. I think when you buy ESP, you should skip that middle stage,(EMG HZ) and either get the cheap models with passive pick-ups or just go for the gold with the active EMG 81/85 pickups, they seem to sound the best. On a side note, I recently moved, and when my family was unloading the U-Haul, my F-50 fell from the top of the truck to the metal floor on it's headstock! The paint chipped but it doesn't appear to have any other damage...
    vIsIbleNoIsE
    you should have given it a 10 just because it was $70. that's only a little more than a video game, jesus christ.
    Rotatous
    It actually stays in tune very well. I think that's because of the increased scale length.
    Gryphon999
    Everyone has its own taste! Is it right that the price says $70 ??!! Because then its a bargain!
    BornToRun
    that's the best guitar you can get for 70$. No way anything like that costs
    Wiintruder
    the EMG's alone are worth 70 bucks. Plus the afterburner.....sure ur not missing a zero somewhere?
    jacob_mick
    i got a viper 50, and a Dean Dime o flame. And i'd pick my viper 50 any day over the Dean. Just the feel to it, plus the tone compared to the dime bucker. i FUCKING love my viper lol but anyway for $70 you cant go wrong man.