LTD FX-260SM review by ESP

ESP: LTD FX-260SM

Purchased from: Ritchie's Music Center

Well, here is where it gets a bit iffy. I play thrash metal, and this guitar suits it perfectly. Well, now it does anyway... The ESP pickups aren't the best. They are supposed to sound like EMG's but they don't. They're not bad by all means, but I swapped them out for Seymour Duncan Distortion Neck and Bridge pickups. Now it SCREAMS. Sounds better than any Gibson Explorer I've ever played that's for sure. And still under $500. I play it through a Randall RH150 VD and its just Killer to the max. Definitely something worth looking into.

I love this guitar. Period. The best guitar I've ever owned, I will NEVER get rid of this guitar. If stolen, I would break down and cry, and fork over the $600 for the FX 360, its big brother. All in all, great guitar.

Reliability is one of the major ups for this guitar. I've owned it for 8 months now, and its as mint as the day I got it. I gig twice a month, and this guitar gets hell of a beating. The build is unbelievable. By far the most durable guitar I've ever owned. The strap buttons aren't the best, but if you're gonna play live, shouldn't you have a set of strap locks anyway?

The action was spot on perfect. Very good setup, definitely a plus. The pickups were adjusted good as well, I'm not a 100% purist, so they sounded fine. The bridge is great. Enough said, perfect for that 80s 90s thrash in every way. The finish, AKA spalted maple top is FLAWLESS, and beautiful. I've had MANY compliments on my guitar after getting off stage. Very cool.

Made in Indonesia I believe. Very high quality. 22 frets, C shaped neck profile, similar to a Gibson Explorer type of neck. The looks on this guitar is killer. Simply kick ass in every way. The hardware is more than what you would expect from a $400 guitar. Good bridge, good quality tuners what more could you ask for? Serious Bang for the Buck.

livingspeedbump
    i have this guitar and i have to say i am pretty peased with it. It did need to be set up when i got it (which i did, just minor truss rod adjustments and intonation issues which are a very simple fix) and now this guitar plays like a charm and looks amazing i might add. The looks are definitely the best part of this guitar. The pickups are a tad bit weak and lack character but for the price i sure cant complain.
    Thurisaz
    I just added an LTD H-500 to my arsenal for about the same price since I liked this one so much.
    i have this guitar its awesome, though i wish it had 24 frets, oh well lol
    nathanyoulegend
    i made this review before i signed up.. I have youtube videos and reviews if you wanna see and hear the guitar , amp and other amps ive listed - www.youtube.com/user/nathanyoulegend