LTD FX-260SM review by ESP

ESP: LTD FX-260SM

Purchased from: Music123

It suits metal perfectly. Look, and tone. I use a Peavey Rockmaster tube head, a Laney 2X12 cab, and one of my Rocktron distortion pedals with an Original Crybaby and DOD250 preamp. It has enough variety for what I do. It's only noisy if the effects I'm using cause it to feedback.

I play metal and this is perfect for playing metal. I've been playing almost 7 years in April. I'd buy this guitar again if stolen or lost, it's excellent. I love the pickups, and my favorite feature is the coil tap. I compared it to an Epiphone Goth Explorer, and the FX260 didn't have pickup complaints like the Epiphone. I wish it had the H-500 pickup setup, with the p90/single coil/hum options, or a second volume control. But this guitar is insanely awesome.

It seems like it'd withstand Live playing, but the hardware won't "last"; I Live in a state that is by the ocean [and while I'm on the complete opposite side of the state] oxidiation is still a problem. The strap buttons are solid, but I think I will have two more put on to try to aid balance and give options to connect the strap. I'm not sure about satin finish and how long it lasts, but the finish seems sufficient enough to me.

Action and finish was perfect, I didn't mess with it at all. I adjusted the pickups a little, because they were like 1/32" too close to the strings. Intonation of the bridge doesnt't need much work, but it's not perfect. The bridge is properly routed [I had a Dean that I hated because the bridge wasn't properly routed, and it has been sold off for that reason.] When I got the guitar, I couldn't tell if it was coil tapping or not on the bridge pickup, but it seems to have warmed up in my house and is very obvious now.

It's a 2008 Indonesian guitar. 22 XJ frets on a rosewood board, Abalone Dot inlays with a model name inlay at the 12th fret, no binding, thin you neck, which has enough to do rhythms and chords comfortable, yet not so much that it hinders speed for soloing and 24.75" neck. It's a solid top with spalted maple veneer, and satin finish. The guitar has maple and mahogany in one form or another, mostly mahogany. The body style is similar to an EX, but with more contours. Tune-o-matic bridge with a stop tail piece. Passive EMG-ESP electronics. One vol, one tone with a push pull coil tap, and a 3 way Switch, offers a ton of variety. 2 humbuckers; the ESP LH-301 model. Tuners are Standard ESP's but I plan to change them out if I can find some darkened steel ones like what's on it currently. The guitar came with two allen wrenches to adjust the truss rod and remove the knobs.