LTD FX-260SM review by ESP

ESP: LTD FX-260SM

Price paid: A$ 450

Purchased from: www.ebay.com.au

I play 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s metal and rock.excellent for thrash and soloing it doesnt't have a massive fretboard. I'm using a Peavey Bandit 112 100 watt transtube technology Sheffield equipped combo. Which I also got off ebay for $200 AU and $50 postage. I use medium strings and play in drop C. Tuning holds very well. Squeals sound excellent. Heavy riffs are pretty good to. I go to the fatter sounding pick up. Whatever one that is idk idc. Can get some good blues solo sound. Other pick is good for thrash. Sounds bad when soloing. Can turn down the tone and wont have any screeching or buzzing shit. Unless of course you take your hand off the strings.

Good match for metal.rock blues. havent tried much else with it. Been playing for 5 years. LTD FX 260 SM with EMG 81 in the bridge and EMG 85 near the neck. Casino Electric Guitar. Valencia Acoustic Guitar. SX bass guitar. AMPLIFIERS: Peavey Bandit 112 100 watt (Sheffield equipped). Behringer 15 watt. Marshall Mini Amplifier (1 watt). Legend 40 watt with Reverb. 2 Roland speakers. Roland Amplifier. EFFECTS: Behringer (Ultra Metal, Chorus, Wah). DigiTech (Death Metal). Effects board with 4 band inputs. I would buy a new guitar if this were stolen or lost. Only cause its a new opportunity for something different. Who would wanna do the same thing everyday? I like the EMGs. Unique finish and body shape. Excellent price. I think its $650-$750 stock brand new in Australia.

My friend through a drum stick at my guitar and left a an end of a drum stick size mark. wasn't used to it at first and was watching my self in the mirror in the hallway playing it. Hit it against the wall a few times since I wasn't used to the extra shape. But it survived all that just fine. Strap buttons are solid and look pretty good. The strap hasn't come off once live. Only in my room once while I was looking at the back of it and it came loose and I let it back down but I caught it because I'm a ninja.

Made in Indonesia. Neck hasn't bent yet and it hasn't got a tremolo so I've done the neck bend a few times and its all fine. The person I bought it off got a full service before I bought it. Only had minor problems with the pick up selector. Hasn't stuffed up live. Only practice. Might be because I might not move it fast enough or hard enough. I don't think everyone will like the wood colour though. I like it because its unique and I haven't seen anyone else with it. Not another Strat man. Haha.

LTD FX 260 SM. I got mine off eBay Australia with a hardcase and EMG (81 and 85) already installed for 450 au. Short review! You can read the other reviews for the more detailed information. This review is more about my guitar. Only difference is EMG's. Mine has an EMG 81 and 85 and sounds excellent. The switch for the pickups isn't very durable though -it cuts out or doesn't give the full sound... Sometimes! Set neck.

ChargeUSMC
    If you get this instrument new and un-modified, the stock pickups (LH-301 on my model) are identical and of equal height with the factory setup. This leads to higher output on the neck pickup than the bridge pickup, and higher output on the bass side than the treble side. No suprise, and nothing that can't be fixed in 10 minutes with a screwdriver and a beer.