LTD FX-360SM review by ESP

ESP: LTD FX-360SM

Originally I bought the guitar because I played alot of metal, and the design and pickups were what I was looking for. Over the years I've owned the guitar and developed my style of playing I've caught on to this guitars versatility. Although the pickups are super hot EMGs, I've never had much trouble getting the distorted or clean tone I'm looking for. Since the pickups are EMGs it is pretty much impossible to get a really crisp clean tone however. No guitar can do everything I suppose, still damn close! Surprisingly close.

I'm the type of musician that needs a guitar that can adapt to my changes in style, and this guitar hasn't let me down yet. I had a Epiphone Les Paul Custom before I got my FX, and this guitar is superior by far. If it were lost or stolen I would probably not buy the same guitar again, just because I would probably go for a mexi Strat or possibly a jet king or Agile guitar at this point. If this guitar could somehow have a single coil pickup, 24 frets, a bigsby, and a more retro meets futuristic look it might just be the perfect guitar... maybe its time for some mods!?

This guitar has been through some abuse. I don't have a hardshell case for it, just a shitty "gig-bag" with no padding or anything. I can't believe this thing has stayed in such great playing condition. It's been my main axe for at least 2 years and hasn't shown any signs of giving up. The strap buttons are super solid. The spalted maple finish is exactly the same as it has always been. I've never needed another guitar for "just in case" moments. I rarely even break strings on this thing!

I didn't buy the guitar new, I bought it from a friend who had it for about a year beforehand and he played the hell out of it. The guitars action is completely perfect, and has been since I bought it. It's a rock. I've dropped it plenty of times, played plenty of shows with it, the action has always been great. The frets are a tad too high (or too jumbo?) at some points, but not a big deal. The wood still looks gorgeous even with some chips around the horns from my carelessness. Also I'd recommend this guitar to anyone that has a tendency to chip their finish alot, you can't even notice on this guitar!!

Guitar was made in 2007(?) Made in Korea. 22 Extra Jumbo frets, SUPER thin neck, almost like a Ibanez wizard, rosewood fretboard, spalted maple finish. EMG pickups that fucking BURN. Tune O Matic bridge, 3 way selector, Grover tuners. Really my only complaint is that it doesn't have 24 frets. It's totally a metal guitar and could benefit from a little bit more range.

Bladed-Vaults
    Well i know this is a few years too late but I cannot comprehend the worthlessness in the explination of this guitar and its features.. I own this axe and actually knows its feature so lets me fix some stuff. set neck is 5 layer mohogony with TWO ROSEWOOD STRIPS yes rosewood in the neck of an ltd crazy.. but correct. the spalted maple top is only a thin vanneer but it looks fantastic and is real pickups are 81-60 not above mentioned 85?? yes the neck is thin. not a wizzard 3 or prestige but thinner are more comfy of a taper than the mid range RG necks. tones in a hi gain amp all settings at noon (5153) show this axe has a good hard hitting bottom end. that stays tight although i do feel this is due to the 81 as most guitars with majority of mahogony tend to be a tad bit flubby in the low end. mids are insane this axe will have no problem cutting through a stage full of ibanez players highs are nice not alot of sizzle but are just bitey enough to grab some attention. for what this guitar has standard as far as woods and build quality esp was insane to only ask 599 for it.. it plays and sounds better than their current 1000 series