LTD GL-200MT review by ESP

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
ESP: LTD GL-200MT

Purchased from: guitar center

The sound was very surprising for the stock pickup. It was really good for the style of music I play which is hair metal and metal. Its pretty noisy when its loud. Not any variety whatsoever because it only has one knob, and that is the volume knob. If you're going to get it, put in a Seymour Duncan jb.

I play hairmetal. I've been playin almost 2 years, but although not old in playing, wise enough to know a great guitar from a decent guitar. This guitar is decent. The one volume knob and one pickup limits your tonal variety a ton. The guitar goes out of tune constantly. The best part of the guitar is the neck. It is very thin and comfortable. If I had had it stolen or lost it, I wouldve bought something else.

The guitar would withstand live playing, but I wouldn't go in with it without a backup, because it goes out of tune super easy. The strap buttons are reliable. The finish is good not sure how good but its good. The hardware is very nice. seems like it would last a lifetime of hands being on it.

Out of the factory, this guitar was set up perfectly. No sharp frets, no buzzing, perfectly routed bridge. The finish had minor flaws in it but what do you expect. You get what you pay for. It was surprising but when I got it, it was perfectly in tune. The pup was perfectly adjusted.

2008 Made in china. 22 frets, thin maple neck. Solid mahogany I believe. Floyd Rose special. Locking ESP tuners. Strat style body. Passive pickups. 1 volume knob. 1 humbucker (esp lh-150). The Floyd Rose constantly went out of tune when I had it, and when I say when I had it I mean as in I traded it for a different guitar thats how much it went out of tune.

Geldin
    VH5150Man
    The sad thing is that the reviewer probably has no idea who George Lynch is and that this is the "poor man's" version of his famous ESP M-1 Tiger. I have this guitar, had it professionally set up and put a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon in it just like Lynch's original. Now it sounds and plays pretty close to a $4,000 guitar!
    Spectre13
    Dude--you've only been playing 2 years. Learn how to properly setup a Floyd Rose and intonate a guitar. Once done--this beast stays in tune quite well...even with the Floyd Rose Special's zinc alloy saddles. Also, the body is basswood, not mahogany. I just love it when people guess at materials.
    MaggaraMarine
    The one volume knob and one pickup limits your tonal variety a ton.
    MaggaraMarine
    MaggaraMarine wrote: The one volume knob and one pickup limits your tonal variety a ton. Who uses tone knob????? I don't. I think when you turn down the tone the sound gets boring. My tone is always full. And volume almost always.
    Oops sorry I read the review wrong but yea, I use almost always my bridge pickup on my Epi. It's got better sound. It doesn't funk like neck pickup but otherwise when played with distortion, bridge is better.
    axeslinger1221
    i had my GL200 setup and it stays in tune perfect. matter of fact i think its better than my original floyd. it seems tighter for some reason. great guitar if it's set up right.
    Count Orlok
    Honestly, they should stop using numbers to rate guitars. You can't really base a guitar on numbers.
    Steph Bets
    Quizy
    also failed to mention its a george lynch signature, not crucial to hhow it plays or sounds,bu pretty relevant overall.
    twistedsista521
    i disagree with you because i had mine set up professionally, and the guitar still held tune like crap. i couldnt get through a song without going out of tune (at least if it was a song i used the tremolo in). So i stand next to my comment that the guitar cant stay in tune.
    twistedsista521
    ^ i disagree but maybe mine was just a bottom of the batch guitar. because i had it set up professionally and it still wouldnt hold tune worth a crap.
    siverstorm
    nailsarecruel wrote: That's a pretty wild colour scheme there. Can't see myself paying that much for a limited tone guitar though. Very honest review.
    Lol then there are the Alexi models which are just as bad with the passive EMG I think 500 is a bit much if the floyd is as bad as the review says.
    Steph Bets
    twistedsista521 wrote: Steph Bets wrote: Geldin wrote: I actually think that this is marked a little too low. Unless you got the guitar set up professionally, I would mark off your trouble with tuning to be mostly of your own creation; in other words, you don't know how to set up a floating bridge. I kind of get that impression from your review. If you did get it set up, disregard this comment, but I'm currently of the opinion that your tuning trouble was your fault, not the guitar's. Agreed. I have the same guitar and when I bought it i got them to set it up for me. Keeps tune awesomely. i got it set up professionally and still didnt hink it held tune well at all. just my opinion. but if anyone in their right mind has ever tried an original, they would know this sucks in comparison.
    maybe you got a dud one, or i got a good one? either way i seriously love mine. i did swap the pick up though, purely because i wanted better cleans.
    Shinozoku
    My friend has had stuff set up professionally and got fret buzz where there was no buzz before afterwards...
    Esparko
    Hm, I've had an LTD M-100FM, my tremolo wasn't that bad. I mean, for the first week or two, i had some intense tremolo songs. But then afterwards, since it's only a licensed floyd, i just used it for vibrato. Of course now i have an original in it.
    trussrodking
    seemeel wrote: You failed to give each part 10/10. This is not a true UG review.
    LOLOL
    jailhawkk
    it looks like it was inspired by Eds frankenstrat... the simalaritys are very noticable single nob, dubble pick up with floyd rose and maple wood, with a distinked paint job like a yellow zebras back just like the origanal frankenstrat/superstrat..
    srjms2003
    Hahaha wow, you really don't have any idea what your talking about do you! It has nothing in common with the Frankenstrat in any way. It has 1 dual coil pick up not 2. It has 1 volume knob. A yellow zebra back? Its a Tiger pattern! How old are you 5?
    twistedsista521
    @ Geldin i had it set up professionally and it still held tune very crappy compared to an original floyd.
    J@MI3
    Like!!
    Fender Dane.
    I would have though that the reliability and durability score would be lover if it's unable to stay in tune. Even by craptastic no-name guitar I started out with stayed in tune realitvely well.
    nailsarecruel