LTD GUS-200 Gus G review by ESP

ESP: LTD GUS-200 Gus G

I play thrash and Heavy metal it suits the genre well. I use a Line 6 Spider 75W combo when playing. Very rich/full sound. If you have any idea on what effects you want the guitar to make, it will fulfill them. There is definitely a variety in what the guitar can do and the sounds it can make.

I play thrash/heavy/death metal and this guitar is perfect for those genres. I've been playing since I was 7. I own lots of other gear that can be seen on my page. I would have asked about the neck wood. No I don't think I would buy it again. I love the shape and the controls on it. I hate that the neck is so heavy, that is has 22 frets, that its bolt on, and that it has no tremolo. I can't compare with any other products. I wish it was neck-thru with 25 frets, made of alder and had a Floyd Rose Double-Locking tremolo.

Yes, but only if you have a strong physique. This guitar isn't for a beginner. Hardware is very reliable and I believe it can hold its own. Yes but I took them out and replaced them with Dunlop strap locks. Hell yes I would! The black Finish isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

The guitar is very unbalanced in the neck which is one of the few draw backs. Pick ups are great. Love how the bridge is set up. There are only 3 problems that this guitar has, and those are: 1. unbalanced/heavy neck. 2. 22 frets. 3. No tremolo. I also don't like how the neck is painted but that's just a personal thing that I don't like.

- Made in Indonesia 2011. - 22 Jumbo frets. - Laminate Top. - Maple neck with mahogany body. - Black Shine finish. - Random Star. - Tune o matic - Passive Electronics. - 1 volume control with 3 way togle. - 2 pickups at bridge and neck. ESP LTD stock pick ups. - Locking Sperzel tuners.

MaggaraMarine
    And one more thing: The guitar doesn't make effects. I hate it when people think that different sounding guitar or volume or tone knob is an effect. Chorus, flanger, delay, reverb, wah etc. are effects. I wouldn't count clean or distortion channels or different sounding guitars as effects (and I think nobody should).
    w77yyz
    Huh... "There are only 3 problems that this guitar has, and those are: 1. unbalanced/heavy neck. 2. 22 frets. 3. No tremolo." So why'd you buy it then?
    Jemstar
    lolololololololololololololololololol @ terribad review also the "Not for a beginner" Looking at the price of this guitar the construction and the place it was manufactured it seems to me like this guitar is aimed at beginner players and Gus G fanboys.
    w77yyz
    Bailey Mustaine wrote: Like I said, I wasnt very smart about buying the first time. But now I know what to do when looking for a guitar and the specs I want it to have.Sorry that I put out this "Bad Review" but really its the readers that choose to read it. I was trying to help somebody but im getting yelled at because I bought a guiatr with bad specs. I play fine with it btu I was letting others know that its not for everybody so excuse the f*** outta me....
    Whoa... Dude. Don't get all sensitive to the comments when you knowingly post something to an open forum. Go back and re-read what you wrote and try to see it as an outsider. You don't have a lot of good things to say about the guitar and it's not exactly a Pulitzer piece of writing. If you don't want the heat, don't post. Live and learn.... and sell this guitar and get one you're actually happy with.
    Spreadsheet
    Rather bad review. I don't understand why you bought it. You've been playing guitars since you were 7, how did you get this so wrong? Not flaming by the way.
    Cannibal Koala
    !..!,HORNS.!..! wrote: Dude, stop telling people you play thrash/heavy/death metal...everyone's going to think we're all retarded too
    Your username does that enough already.
    Bailey Mustaine
    blooddrunk wrote: ah dont worry about it. the new lil gus fans [who didnt know him before ozzy] will lap this up. trend jumping sheep
    Ive known about Gus G for awhile and im a big Firewind fan so dont just assume that I bought it because of Ozzy.
    blooddrunk
    its_minchew
    ok, i know this is old, but i just want to say that the Xiphos does NOT have a Floyd Rose. It has an Ibanez Edge III tremolo
    LeoKisomma
    Hey Bailey, just read your review, and I I like it. You've put it down maybe a bit hurriedly, but heck I still get a good picture of what the guitar feels like to play. Keep on putting up reviews if you can man, don't be discouraged by negative-feedback. If you're looking for a good thrash guitar that looks like this then I seriously recommend looking at an Ibanez Xiphos (XPT700). I have one and I'll review it soon for you. It's 24 frets, looks almost identical to this Gus G signature, has a floyd rose tremolo and according to me and quite a lot of other guitarists out there, one of the best necks in production.
    Wisthekiller
    That's right man. Liking someone after they're famous is so conformist. What's the point of liking popular guitarists when there's much harder to find ones that usually don't sound as good?
    X-Guitarist
    rather than buying this, you should buy Roope Latvala signature guitar.. same shape, 24 frets, lightweight neck, and floyd rose bridge installed..
    saint_berzerker
    I played this thing in a GC once. It was horrid. It felt like a toy. I don't even think it would be good for beginners.
    !..!,HORNS.!..!
    BornToLooze
    To fix the balance issue move the strap button to the back by where the neck bolts on. I have one too, but i haven't reviewed it yet but i haven't had it long enough
    Pazz91
    btw it dosnt have locking sperzel tuners it has standard esp tuners, they only use sprezel on there high end gear like the esp and i think the deluxe ltd models
    MonsterOfRock
    ignore the last one. Well, you could've done better with a Dime sig. (as much as I hate Dean for selling out in Dimes name). Those are much more balanced, this just looks neck-heavy at the first sight.
    MaggaraMarine
    Dude don't just answer the questions or at least write the questions you are answering. I don't know what questions you are answering when the answer is only "yes" or "no".
    Bailey Mustaine
    well excuse me lol I bought it because I was caught in the moment and its my first review so get off my back.