LTD H-1000 Deluxe review by ESP

ESP: LTD H-1000 Deluxe

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I play lots of music, ranging from classical (Antonio Vivaldi) to Classic rock (Led Zeppelin) to thrash (Metallica) to metal (Children Of Bodom). This guitar really fits them all. I play it through a Mashall DSL100. It's EMG's produce a really rich tone that is pleasing on clean and agressive on distortion. It fits many styles but cant really hit that old school Hendrix, Clapton kind of Strat sound. Another problem is harmonics come easy but seem to have small sustain within them. And last I just wish EMG's didn't need batteries.

Overall it fits every style expect that twag sound you can only get out of Strat. I've been playing for some time now and I play this baby through a Line 6 PODXT Live to expand a evil more killer tone. I just wish I got to check the product before buying, the hairline scratch always stook in my head. If this was stolen. I wouldn't buy another, I would steal it back and kill the guy. I love it for its tone and looks, both killer, I dont like its low sustain harmonics and the fact that EMG's are battery powered, my fav thing about it is the sperzel locking tuners. It makes it easy to change strings and switch tunnings. This guitar is a def. buyer. Worth every penny.

This guitar is played by many people famous people live and can withstand a lot of abuse, expecially the abuse I put on when I play a show. The hardware color starts to fade in prob 8 month or so depending on how much you play. I'm loosing it at the spot where I palm mute. Everywhere else its perfectly fine. The paint is tough as hell, I actually stupidly dropped if before, I had a scratch but nothing chipped off and it was on concrete. I can depend on it anyday, I use it as my main guitar on stage. It was my guitar I used for my first ever gig and it handled great gig after gig, practice after practice.

The guitar is great out of the box. Everything were as described, expect it came with 81/81 instead of 60/81 but I prefer it that way anyway. Everything was perfect from the box, just a slight tune and I was loving it. Yet it did come with one flaw being it had a slight hairline scratch near the pickups.

This was made in 04' and was made in Korea. It has 24 XJ fret on a rosewood fret board with a beautiful abolone flag inlay and abolone/pearl binding that feels great on the hands. It's a Trans. Red with a beeautiful quilted maple finish and a abolone/pearl binding around the whole body. Les paul type of body to it, just a bit smaller and thinner. It has a Tone-Pros 2 peice bridge. 2 EMG 81 Active pickups that fit perfectly with its style. It has 2 Volume, and 1 Tone and a 3 way toggle. It has sperzel locking tuners that keep it in great tune and made it ready to shred out of the box. No complains on its features at all, it has beauty and versitility.