LTD H-1001 Deluxe review by ESP

ESP: LTD H-1001 Deluxe

Purchased from: Local Music Store

This guitar is great for all styles of music. I mostly play metal, but there are no boundaries with this guitar. I play this guitar through a Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo and it's practically a pro setup. I get such a great sound that my friends are jealous. As I said before, I changed the pickups in this guitar. The EMGs that were originally installed just didn't sound right to me. They sounded compressed and just missing an overall lack of quality. After I got an amazing guitar tech to install the pickups for me, now my guitar is perfect. The JB is a very balanced pickup. It has a good amount of lows, mids, and highs; this pickup is very well balanced. The Jazz is unbelievable for cleans. Leads are very articulate and chords ring with great distinction. P.S. If you are planning on buying any guitar with EMGs and are planning to swap the pickups for passives, I highly oppose it. The tech had to drill a hole through the guitar because there was no grounding wire originally installed. EMGs are much quieter than passives so the grounding wire wasn't mandatory during factory construction.

ESP makes guitars that are meant to last. Every ESP/LTD that I've played has been flawless and I have yet to be let down by this brand. This guitar is unbelievably easy to play. Bends and slides are effortless. The sustain... Oh my. This is a love/love situation. If you hate this guitar then I don't know what is wrong with you. ESP makes THE best guitars in my book. There will never be a time where I will not recommend an ESP guitar.

This thing is a tank. I've smacked it against walls and computer desks and I have yet to see a dent in it. The black chrome hardware does wear off after a while, but I could care less. The original strap buttons were very sturdy but I replaced the strap buttons with a DiMarzio Clip-lok system and it's still rock solid. I've played this guitar live and it rarely goes out of tune so I'd use it any day.

The action was perfect. That's pretty much all I can say for that. The pickups were properly adjusted. All of the exterior features with spot-on. The only problems were on the inside. For one, the lack of the grounding wire, but that isn't something I can really take points from. The main thing was the wiring. There were a few points where the soldering work was lacking, but it was an easy fix.

2010 model with the new F style headstock Made in South Korea. Mahogany body w/ Maple set-thru neck 24 x-jumbo frets 25.5" Scale Length Thin you neck contour Black gloss finish String-thru TonePros tune-o-matic bridge Active EMGs (Stock) ESP locking tuners Earvana Compensated Nut I gave the features an 8 because I did not like the EMGs and have since replaced them with a set of Seymour Duncans (JB/Jazz).

EpiExplorer
    c2ltwallacecap
    well I guess I don't even have to review this guitar the floyd rose see through black cherry is flawless...just as H.I.SHREDDER said...he really nailed this review...its by far the best guitar I've played, much less owned(well my personal favorite anyway) bottom line its a great buy any guitarist of any style could find use for it in there collection
    Exampleman wrote: I have the same Ltd h-1001 with the peavy 6505+112
    It's honestly a great combination. I still have my H and I don't think I'm gonna trade it in anytime soon.
    guitarguyryan94
    c2ltwallacecap wrote: and yeah mine does have the emg's...great very versatile pick up's...but may end up trading them out just to get a little different sound
    Yeah I felt kind of the same way. They are nice pickups, but they really weren't for me. The JB is an amazing pickup though. You should really try it out.
    c2ltwallacecap
    guitarguyryan94
    EpiExplorer wrote: ...EMG's aren't the stock pickup, nor do they feature in the picture. SO what the hell is going on here.. review is confusing. But yes, nice nice colour.. cant say much on the rest though.
    I don't know why they put the picture of the purple H-1001 on the review, but if you read in the very first part of my review I have listed that it is the 2010 model in black. That model does come stock with EMGs.
    Teh S'moore
    I believe the old H1001s have Passive pickups and the new ones have EMGs, but I could be wrong :/
    Jsteele1408
    Disturbdkornkid
    Looks like a very nice guitar, though I personally can't stand all the binding on it. Would rather get one of the models without the MOP overload.
    Schectbanezsp
    bastardsodecent wrote: Great review, although I'm indefinitely a Schecter man myself, but ESPs are great too Yeah a lot of Schecter/ESP guitars are essentially the same other than the neck profile. I prefer the thinner neck of the LTD, personally.
    Cool... just gonna throw this out there, theyre similar because theyre owned by the same company
    Sakke
    The new H-1001 has EMG pickups, 81 on the bridge and 85 on the neck to be specific.. And I don't think that the reviewer decided to put that picture there, cause it isn't the right one.
    boki1978
    I have Fender Usa Vintage 57 Hot Rod Strat and Gibson Lp Studio bu I wanted some hotter pickups. I have tried a lot guitars at guitar shop but when I take this beauty at my hands, I was blown away! Absolutely fantastic guitar with great play ability, fastest neck as can be, set thru and hard tail for never ending sustain! It is a little monster with EMG pickups for almost everything from blues-rock to metal. I have Marshall JVM205C which I play through other extension cabinet (212 with V30 speakers) and Cornford Roadhouse 50w head and this baby shines through it. I am really more than satisfied and happy as a kid even I am 20 years guitars player and active musician...