LTD H-101FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD H-101FM

Price paid: A$ 499

Purchased from: Rockshop

The sound is suitable for all styles. I use a Line 6 15 watt practise amp and even on full volume, it doesn't make any noises or buzzing. The tone is great and I love it. I play stuff such as Christian songs like hillsong to metal like Metallica or punk rock.

It is sexy.

Yes, I've played it in many gigs. And since I'm lead guitarist at my church, I always bring a back up (Fender Strat) but it has never failed me. Strings has broke sometime but that was after abusing it too much. I have strap locks obviously since I don't want my guitar to drop xD.

The action is great. The set-up was great. Pick ups were a little too close to the strings but that was easy to adjust in 5 minutes. THE FINISH will get you all the chicks. Trust me.

Specifications: - Bolt-On Construction - 25.5" Scale - Basswood body - Flamed Maple Top - Maple Neck - Rosewood Fingerboard - 42mm Standard Nut - Thin U Neck Contour - 24 XJ Frets - Black Nickel Hardware - ESP Tuners - TOM Bridge - ESP LH-150 (B & N) p.u. - Finish: ASB (Amber Sunburst) - Master Volume - 3-Way Toggle - Master Tone Came with just the guitar and a box.

rakelleyjr
    My first guitar. Purchased it in 2012 so I could teach my sons to play. It is an LTD, but mine is from Indonesia, not China. The action came a little high, but the feel is fine. The pick-ups are muddy. They are muddy on my guitar and on MH 100QM. I use it as my beater, so it goes everywhere (beach, etc.) and still looks/plays fine. My other guitar is a Schecter Blackjack. Quality wise, there is a night and day difference (as there should be). The LTD is a brick that can take a beating, the Blackjack weighs a ton but rings beautifully. I keep the LTD because it solid for travel and kids. Definitely perfect for a beginner.
    ehughes
    Well, we'll see how I like this guitar when it comes in. I have the Viper 100-FM and the neck and body is flawless. Dark rosewood neck and the frets are top notch. I have hand issues on my fret hand. Been playing for 35 years and have 19 guitars. Strat's Gibson SG's, Epiphone SG (my favorite even though it's from China) The Viper is sooo smooth to play at a drop C tuning. Just a bit of bridge adjustment and some actives thrown in (81,85). I also got the LTD f-50. That really different guitar shape, really metal looking as in "over the top". This neck is not so great but it's not bad either! I will write about the h101fm when it comes in next week. Point is, there are some really nice chinese made instruments too. For the price range that is!!