LTD H-202 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

ESP: LTD H-202
H-202 Electric Guitar with mahogany body with flame maple top. Features tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece and LTD pickups.
 9.6
 8.4
 2,033
reviews (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
LTD H-202 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: Made in 2000 24 XJ frets Solid-Top 1 Volume Control, 1 Tone Control, 5-Way Selector Duncan Designed pickups....sound like humbuckers Body: Mahogany w/Flamed-Maple top, Neck: Maple w/Rosewood fretboard Transparent finish over flamed maple top Body is similar to a Strat Tune-o-matic bridge w/ stop tailpiece Standard ESP tuning keys bolt on 25.5" neck // 10

Sound: This guitar suits my style well. It has a very heavy sound with the back pickup selected, but can also have a soft clean sound too. I play a lot of Metallica, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin and Nirvana. This guitar has good settings for softer rock (w/ front pickup selected), but it is awesome for hard rock/metal. I am currently using this guitar with a Crate GX 100 amp. I like the way that I variety of music styles can be played on this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When purchased the guitar the strings were fairly high off the frets, but the bridge was easily adjusted and has been fine ever since. Their are cracks that I just discovered in the slots the pickups are screwed into, I don't know if this is from the factory, but that is likely because I purchased it brand new. This has no effect on how the guitar sounds, so I am not too upset about it. Everything else was fine. The strings that came from the factory are the best that I have heard on that guitar, I can't find any others that sound quite as good. The finish shines just as much as i did the day I bought it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have played live with this guitar a few times and it does fine. The hardware seems solid and durable. The finish is solid and has little wear. I play on a daily basis and the finish is still beautiful. This is a very dependable guitar. I would keep a backup with any guitar although, I do not doubt this guitar's abilities at all. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is a great match for anyone who likes any kind of rock/metal (this is Metallica's main touring brand). I have been playing for 2 years going on 3. If this guitar was stolen I would buy this same model or something very close to it. I am very fond of this guitar's heavy sounds. There is nothing that I dislike about this guitar. One of my favorite features is the guitar's 24 XJ frets. I almost bought a re-issued 68' Fender Strat instead of this one. I chose this one over the Strat because I think a guitar needs to have at least 22 frets, unlike the Strat, and this guitar has a heavier sound than the Strat. // 8

LTD H-202 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: Made in the USA. 24 frets. Transparent blue, green or red over a flamed maple top. Strat. Sring-thru bridge. Volume, tone, 5-way-selector between two Duncan Designed Humbuckers. // 10

Sound: This guitar sounds awesome! I can play any thing from Hendrix, to Metallica, to Slipknot! I love this guitar. It sounds way more mellow than my Strat. It has a warmer tone. It is just awesome! I use this guitar through a Crate GLX15 amp and a DigiTech RP50 processor. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar seems like it plays really fast. I really like it. As well as the finish. It looks awesome! Mine is transparent red. I can see my self in it. Every thing looks well made. I haven't had any problems with this guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I don't play live shows as I am only 13 years old but it withstands me! This guitar's hardware is great! All the strap buttons are solid. My belt doesn't fall off when I am playing. I would definitley depend on this guitar, as it has not shown any signs of wear, or problems. // 10

Overall Impression: I like to play punk, heavy metal, classic metal, hard rock, rock and anything that sounds good. This guitar can handle all of those. The only thing I wish it had was a Double locking tremelo. That would make this the ultimate guitar! // 10

Comments