LTD H-207 review by ESP

ESP: LTD H-207

As expected its a badass guitar. From what I know its discontinued and its a shame. If your any type of metal player this guitar is it. When I play its as much gain as I can get and the guitar loves it. I play on a Marshall Mode 4 with a 4X12 and a 2x15. The two 15's are perfect for the massive low end it puts out. On the clean channel its also amazing. You can get very warm rich tones from the neck and crisp brite tones from the bridge. One thing i should also mention is I use the fattest strings I can buy. I use a 70 on the low curtesy of Zakk Wylde. Then I pretty much use the rest in that package; 52,48,... somthing like that and come up with the 7th string out of my stash.

Overall its the best guitar ive owned. I stopped playing my others when I got because this one spoiled me. I've been playing for about 7 years and this is guitar 11. I got a couple Jacksons, a couple acoustics, an Ibanez, and alot of Gibsons. I kinda inhereted them from my dad. I would recommend this guitar to anyone whos not a pussy. If you like thin little strings I'd say look elsewhere, maybe a Fender. If you're tough and you play badass metal tunes the land of ESP is your home.

Nothing has broke or malfunctioned since I bought it which was about two years ago. I've played a bunch of shows with and never even broke a sting. It's just tough, and kinda heavy.

From the factory the action sucked because the strings were dinky and flopped all around. As soon as I put new strings on it was a different guitar. I had to file the nut a bit and file the tuner for the low string because it was to fat to fit. I raised the bridge a bit and it was perfect. The pickups came adjusted well although the black platic around them was kinda cracked. Other than that everything was mint. The see-thru black finish is awesome and it has a natural color binding. All the hardware is black. It's one tough looking guitar.

This is the 7 string H body style. It has 24 frets and a see thru black finish. One volume one tone and a three way selector. It came equiped with two seymore duncan humbuckers. It has a string thru body, non locking tuners a fat seven string neck. I bought it used but it was in perfect condition and I got a good deal.

Dannychords
    This guitar is fukcing awesome, i love this thing to death, i have mine in red =/ but the action on it was fixed because it was used, this is the greatest guitar i have
    Tedward
    Is this the same as the SC 207 stephen carpenter model? This i think has a much nicer finish than the SC207. But tell me is it any good for hammer ons/tapping? because i made the mistake of not checking that with my Iceman and i am dissapointed.
    isolational
    ya the pick ups do crack a little but i dont find anything wrong with the action.
    aideath27
    this was my first guitar even though ive played for a year and a half and i love it to ****in death only problems were my pickup selector and my action lot of fret buzz but string change and barely raising it on the bottom helped it a lot my pickup selector came messed up since it was used but i got a new one and the guitars magic oh yeah if you get this guitar id recommend a pickup change theres a lot of low end which i love but i dont think theres enough high end i put in 2 seymour duncan phase I blackouts and SHIT its mean
    Sargeist
    I got the SC 207 Signature guitar as my third guitar. In the first few days it was kinda uncomfortable because of the heavyer weight and the bigger fretboard (obviously for a 7 String compared to a 6 String hehe), but you get used to it very fast and i stopped playing with my other guitars too. I, for my part, totally recommend this guitar! Sounds beautiful, looks beautiful and feels beautiful (after a few days of playing)!!
    Jamestcotton
    I replaced the Duncan Design pups with a set of Seymour Duncan Full Shred AlNiCo V 7-string pups. AMAZING TONE! Sounds and plays like a $2000 guitar now. New hardware and a good setup can transform the value guitar into a treasure!