LTD H-207 review by ESP

ESP: LTD H-207

Purchased from: MarsMusic

I am putting everything in the perspective based on how affordable this guitar is. It is an excellent value! The sound is great with plenty of sustain and power. However, the pickups are low end. They sound OK but, they have a narrow, compressed tone. I prefer a more open, sensitive pickup. I'll probably change them eventually. However, I am still working to incorporate this monster into my set lists. Based on the price paid, the sound exceeds my expectations.

I play mostly rock and metal. However, I do fill in with some blues acts and I do enjoy playing progressive fusion jazz at home. I've been playing for over 25 years and I couldn't have picked a better 7 string guitar for my personal taste. Excellent axe, good quality, fantastic value. Too bad that ESP stopped production. I'll never let this guitar go. It plays as good as a guitar costing 4x times as much if you get it set up correctly. Add upgraded pickups and this is a dream 7 String.

I've played it live a couple of times. However, the bands I play in usually do not leverage that low B. So I stick to my Ernie Ball, PRS, Strats and Mockingbird. However, I've never had issues with this ax out of my bedroom for 10 years now. Solid build.

The guitar was set up very well from store. Action was a bit too low for me. However, that is an easy fix. No fret buzz, all frets were dressed very well and all electronics have been working great for over 10 years. All of the hardware is black and hasn't rusted at all. Its a 25.5" scale but plays loose. Add some heavier strings and you set!

This is a Korean built guitar made back in 2001 I believe. It has 24x Jumbo frets, maple neck with rose wood fretboard. The body is solid Ash with a beautiful transparent green finish. The bridge is a tune-O-matic with strings through the body. The pups are passive Duncan Design. I'm not sure which model but, the website states that there is only 7String Duncan Design currently available... The HB-7. Its has a two humbucker configuration with 1x vol and 1x tone. I believe the tuners are ESP tuners. The nut is artificial bone.