LTD H-300 review by ESP

ESP: LTD H-300

Purchased from: Dusty Guitars

I play rock, metal and blues. I use a small practice amp at home and a Zoom 707II multi-effects. I have played it through a quality amp though (Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier) and it sounded amazing. The original HZ pickups are above average, but noting special. The new 81/85 pickups I have on there now are much, much better. Perfect for rock and metal. Not too great for blues, but it works ok on the neck pickup. No feedback/unwanted noise at all. It is great for both lead and rhythm playing, and though it is obviously designed for heavy, distorted playing it has a good clean sound as well. Though if you are playing through a smaller, cheap amp it may distort the clean channel because of the high output of the pickups. I loved the sound of this guitar, it is fairly versatile.

I play rock, metal and blues (mostly rock and metal though), and this guitar suits my needs perfectly. I have been playing for about a year. If this was stolen, I would probably get another ESP, but one with a locking tremolo bridge. My favourite part about this guitar is the neck thru body, and the sound is great. The only thing I could complain about is the lack of a tremolo bridge. I compared it to some other ESP's, some Jacksons and some Epiphones, and this guitar was far above the rest. I love this guitar, and I would recommend it to anybody.

I think this guitar could withstand live playing quite well. The strap buttons are solid, but I would buy straplocks just to be sure. The finish is great, it doesn't scratch very easily, and as its see through the scratches don't show that much anyway. This guitar is very solid.

This guitar had a perfect setup when I got it. Because it was used, it had some minor dents and scratches, but nothing major. The pickups are in the right place, I had no problems with the set-up at all. It is very comfortable to play, especially when playing high notes because of the neck thru construction. The finish is beautiful, and shows off the flame maple top well. The construction quality is great, I'm not sure why some people seem to be scared when they see 'Made In Korea', It's obvious they know what they're doing.

I bought this guitar used. It was made in 2000 in Korea. It has 24 jumbo frets, neck thru body, see-thru red finish and a Tune-O-Matic bridge with a stop bar tail piece. It comes with passive two EMG-HZ humbucker pickups but mine have been changed to active EMG81/85s. It has a mahogany body and neck, with a flame maple top. It has one volume and one tone control, which are black chrome, the same colour as the bridge and the Schaller non-locking tuners. I bought it used so it didnt come with any accessories. The only thing that I would like this guitar to have is a floyd rose. As far as I know this guitar isnt in production anymore, but its worth looking for.

myvaliantleap
    The other guitarist in my band got his h-300 stolen. These things are rare, I have only found a few since and they are all see through black. He had a see-through aqua, it was amazing.
    Letadamknow
    I have a red h300, had it for 10 years. I love it. I play weekly on stage with all kinds of bands, metal, blues, rock, reggae... I have toured the country with it. I play it every day, it gets beaten hard.. I have never had to take it in to be fixed..