LTD H-330NT review by ESP

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
ESP: LTD H-330NT

Purchased from: Pianos 'N Stuff

I play metal so I needed something that could shred, this was that guitar. I use an Orange Dark Terror with one of their cabs and run just a tube screamer and an ISP decimator through it. Not noisy at all but these pickups aren't very great, they sound like really strong passives but don't sound very hot. Harmonics are easy to do but hard to make many since there is no trem.

I play metal, this guitar is a great match for the genre. I have been playing for so many years that I've lost count, I own ESPs, PRSs, Schecters, Gibsons, a variety of different amps, and tons of effects. If it were stolen I would buy another one, simply because this is a great guitar for modding the hell out of. I love the mahogany and I hate not having a floyd. I wish I would have asked the guy if he would at least mark what guitars are B stock or not. My favorite feature is the binding, has a really nice gray celluloid guitar pick look to it. I did not compare it due to the fact I like the surprise of seeing for myself what guitars are like and then reviewing them. I wish it had a sandwich maker on it cause I'm hungry. I dunno.

It would withstand live playing, hardware would last, solid strap buttons, given it is a B stock guitar I would not depend on it, and the finish is messed up so I couldn't tell you if it would last. Something I do have to point out is because the neck is laminated like the body, it gets very sticky or greasy. I would recommend sanding it down a little to prevent this but do make sure you know which grade you use. I am not responsible for the damage you may do. Waxing it may be an easier option as it should not leave any damage on the guitar or finish.

Good setup out of the factory, I like my fingerboard as close to the strings as possible and that's how it came. Neck pickup needed to be sunk into the body just a little. This is where this guitar REALLY takes the good ESP name and kills it. There are at least 14 different finish flaws that should have marked this as a B stock guitar. ALL OVER THE NECK and a few on the headstock. When I played one in the store I played one that was perfect, no flaws at all but I received unfortunately, a different guitar. Pulled out the receipt later and it said B stock after the item name but did not say on the tag of the guitar I bought AND I wasn't even informed it was of lesser quality, which if I am not mistaken is breaking a federal law in the United States.

Made in 2011 in Indonesia, this 24 fret 25.5" scale guitar can shred. This guitar has a mahogany body, maple neck, and rosewood fretboard. Comes only in white, Strat style, Tune O mastic bridge. Active pickups, 1 volume, 1 tone, 3 way switch. 2 humbucking ESP ALH 200 pickups, ESP non locking tuners, and didn't come with so much as a manual or some sort of ESP card in the box but that is mostly resulting from the incompetent "employees" at this store.

MrFlibble
    I wasn't aware that certain guitars could or couldn't ''shred''. I was under the impression that what was played was down to the player. Is this why I sound like BB King every time I pick up an archtop? Damn. The idea that not having a Floyd somehow limits what harmonics you can do is just bizarre too. I don't even know where to begin with that one. I also really don't think you should rate a guitar low because a shop screwed up and sent you B-stock. Normally I think people on here rate cheap guitars far too high for ridiculous reasons, but rating it a 1 because you were sent a b-stock item when you thought you were getting a new one is crazy. Also, if you played one in the shop and liked it there, why didn't you buy that one? Why play one, like it, then go away and order a different one?
    Anchr
    MrFlibble wrote: Also, if you played one in the shop and liked it there, why didn't you buy that one? Why play one, like it, then go away and order a different one?
    This gets me every time too. "Yeah I really like this guitar. I'll go with another one please". Dafuq?
    solidrane
    Wait you rated the GUITAR a 1 because the guitar shop screwed up? Do you even know what you're reviewing. Sure give the guitar shop a 1 but rate the guitar based on what it actually is.
    they sound like really strong passives but don't sound very hot
    They ARE actives and these are REALLY hot if you claim they are passive.
    Harmonics are easy to do but hard to make many since there is no trem
    DaShit?
    Chronologo
    Greatdude49 wrote: Last I checked this was a review of MY guitar, not yours. I spent money on it so I can review it the way I see fit. If you're here to see what I think of the series is really like as a whole you will be disappointed. If all of you are so upset with the review, go buy one and review yourself instead of whining on the internet like a bunch of children.
    There's no other way to whine at your review, since it was written like a children.
    hippoismentall
    If you've played guitar for so long you cant remember why did you buy a non trem guitar then moan about the lack of a Floyd Rose ? Sounds like you haven't a clue about guitars.
    sehnomatic
    *buys guitar* "Oh shit B-Stock! I totally know this guitar like the back of my hand and I'm not going to put up a biased, impulsive rage review on UG!
    hey sound like really strong passives
    Harmonics are easy to do but hard to make many since there is no trem
    I am not responsible for the damage you may do.
    (this ain't a legal agreement)
    I have been playing for so many years that I've lost count
    for all we know you can be a complete newbie
    ProgJazzMath
    Harmonics are easy to do but hard to make many since there is no trem. // 9
    Uhm. I think you are confusing harmonics with a divebomb man. You don't need a trem to do pinches.
    hippoismentall
    'I would recommend sanding it down a little to prevent this but do make sure you know which grade you use. I am not responsible for the damage you may do.' Like anybody would listen to a guy who buys a non tremelo guitar then moans that it doesnt have one !
    WWTCT
    grungelive72 wrote: Which do you think is better for punk with lots of big progressive metal type chords, One of these super strat shaped LTDs or an Ibanez S series?
    I've never played one of these ^, but I've an Ibanez Sa160fm and the trem in it is painfully shit. Overall it's a pretty crap guitar, and for the money I paid for it I could have got something much better.
    grungelive72
    jamicmac5
    Not the best review ever... lets not lie, this site isn't for people whining about how they got a bad deal. it's to help other people know what is a good bad guitar/deal. if you'd put where you got the guitar from that might have made it a bit better... but as it is, all I see is an unhelpful bitching session
    MaggaraMarine
    I mostly play metal but this guitar can used for any style with the right set up and pickups.
    Doesn't this apply to any guitar? And you should really rate the guitar as stock. That's the point of "sound" or "features" and especially "action, fit & finish" rating. You rate it stock so people will know what's it like with no upgrades. You can upgrade whatever guitar but I think you should be happy with it without any upgrades and just fine tune it with upgrades. The less upgrades you need, the better. Many people don't want to upgrade their guitar because they can't/have no time and will/it costs too much. If you have to spend too much time to make the guitar sound/play good, it's not good.
    metalchris87
    well i did review the guitar as stock, how it came out of the box, what problems it had, its playability, and mentioned how the stock pickups sounded. i gave it a 7 overall. with a pickup change and a proper set up this guitar for me became a 9ish. its a great guitar overall for its price range. and yeah any guitar can be used for whatever style with the right set up and pick ups. i wrote this review with beginners in mind since this guitar is priced around for such players and those looking to upgrade. just wanted anyone interested in it to know it can be a versatile guitar sound wise and to be helpful.
    MaggaraMarine
    A 7? Looks more like a nine to me. Yeah, nothing wrong with your review. But I just had to point out. because this site is full of all 10/10 blahblahblah reviews. And they say that the factory setup was poor and they upgraded the pickups etc etc. And still give it a 10. It kind of wasn't a comment for your review. Sorry if you misunderstood me.
    Greatdude49
    Well, I've gotta admit. It was a shit review and I'm not quite sure what I was thinking at the time. Hate on it if you feel like it, I'll just have to focus on writing an ACTUAL review next time.
    Greatdude49
    Last I checked this was a review of MY guitar, not yours . I spent money on it so I can review it the way I see fit. If you're here to see what I think of the series is really like as a whole you will be disappointed. If all of you are so upset with the review, go buy one and review yourself instead of whining on the internet like a bunch of children.