LTD H-500 review by ESP

ESP: LTD H-500

Price paid: A$ 1500

This is my first guitar, I play in a flat or drop b mostly so naturally it's metal I play metalcore/deathmetal though occasionaly I play blues/jazz, has a very deep full bodied sustain and is quite bright and clear even on high gain and low tunings, I play it through a Marshall vs100 valvestate head and Marshall cab, not the best but good for my current ability and I'm quite happy with my setup. This guitar is well suited to most styles of music.

This suits my metal style playing perfectly but has no trouble at playing blues whatsoever it has a great tone, after researching prices I realised that I got ripped off, but I'm not complaining as I'm happy with the guitar so I suppose it doesn't matter how much you pay for it as long as your happy. If this guitar got stolen I would not buy this guitar again, I would probably go a deluxe M-1000 or maybe even a legit ESP Horizon.

This is my first guitar and I honestly have never played a gig before, the finish is very strong and is still as glossy as the day I bought it the strap buttons are solid and feel strong. This guitar seems very well made and quite tough, but seems delicate so I wouldn't take too many risks with it.

I bought this new from a shop, and it has played perfect I have had no trouble with it in the slightest, easy to change the strings etc, my only complaint is a slight buzzing noise that kills some of the sound occasionaly this could be because of my head or cab, but the above review suggests it may be the guitar.

BODY: Mahogany w/Flame Maple Top CONSTRUCTION: Set Thru NECK: 3-piece Maple FINGERBOARD: Rosewood FRETS: 24 Extra Jumbo SCALE: 25.5" INLAYS: Abalone Dots BRIDGE: Tune-O-Matic w/String-Thru-Body BINDING: White (Body, Neck & Headstock) TUNERS: Grover HARDWARE: Black Nickel PICKUPS: Seymour Duncan JB (B) & '59 (N) ELECTRONICS: Volume, Tone, 3-way Ultra Switch COLOURS: Amber Cherry Sunburst