LTD H-51 review by ESP

ESP: LTD H-51

I don't stick to one genre, instead I experiment with music a lot. I play a variety of music ranging from Blues to Rock to Death Metal. Hence I must say that this guitar is very good for you if your budget isn't above 350$. It if perfect for a beginner. I use it with a Roland Cube 20XL and Korg AX5G Modeling Effects Processor. I get the perfect sounds that I need with these. It isn't noisy at all and gives very little feedback. Clean Tones are rich and bright whereas distortion is bang on, full sound and pretty kicka-s. You can get pretty good harmonics and pinches with it with the right patches. It can be your neighbor's envy if in the hands of a right master. A very versatile guitar it sure is.

For my versatile playing, this guitar is very good. Leaves a good impression on the audience too. I have been playing for 4 years now. I bought an ESP Snakebyte recently. Both these babies of mine are equally dear to me. If it were stolen I would buy another ESP in the same series as I have enough money to buy a better one, but had my budget been the same I would rely on this itself and buy it again. I love the finish and tones of this guitar. It's an awe seeker! Other than the headstock there is nothing else I dislike about it. I wish it would have a pointed headstock.

I have used this guitar live many times during the early days of my band. It stood by me without any problem giving me the sound I needed for making the crowd go crazy. The hardware lasts if taken care of without being mishandled etc. The strap buttons give no problem at all. Do not worry about using it on a gig. You can definitely use it even without backup. The finish is good enough to last for some years. It may not rundown even after excess of playing.

The guitar was set-up pretty well at the factory. The cherry red attracted me immediately even though I wanted a black guitar. The moment I saw it's finish, I knew it belonged with me. The humbuckers were adjusted a little low. But on bringing it up it gave a damn good sound. The top and the bridge was perfect. Just the headstock could be given a better finish. The guitar had no flaws whatsoever. It is a bit heavy compared to other ESP's. This gives an advantage to play riffs at ease.

- Bolt-on neck - 25.5" scale - Basswood body - Maple neck - Rosewood fingerboard - 42mm standard nut - Thin U neck contour - 22 XJ frets - Chrome hardware - ESP tuners - Tune-o-matic style bridge with string-thru body - ESP LH-150 humbuckers (bridge and neck) - Volume, tone, 3-way toggle controls

Kazooiej
    sewoo55 wrote: For the same price? wtf you talking about
    A used higher end LTD will do better than a new lower end LTD for the same price.
    sewoo55
    rageahol wrote: It has 24 frets... In case any beginners are reading this, while this guitar certainly isn't bad, you could do better (for the same price ) if you bought a higher end LTD (300, 400, 500, and 1000 series) used.
    For the same price? wtf you talking about
    OneTimeReview
    Let's put things into perspective here. A few years ago, LTD used to put the 50 series in starter packs. The guitars were worth maybe 80$ and felt as if children made it in a jungle clearing. The neck was so badly made it gave you tetanus and the pickups sounded like cell phone speakers. This guy says that 10 years ago, this would have been worth 1000$.....and people say I trolled on my review?!?!?!
    MaggaraMarine
    10 Years ago an Electric guitar with the Specs this guitar would have been worth over $1000.
    Dude, guitars haven't changed in 10 years. In reality, they haven't changed in the last 30 or 40 years. In the 60s there were Les Pauls like there is today and I think back then they cost as much as today, maybe even less. Guitars have always had same kind of features and this kind of guitar is just a cheap HH Strat copy. I guess that all the features that you have in this guitar were used in some guitar in the mid 50s. So nothing new.
    rageahol
    It has 24 frets... In case any beginners are reading this, while this guitar certainly isn't bad, you could do better (for the same price) if you bought a higher end LTD (300, 400, 500, and 1000 series) used.
    DanielHsv0
    Ablast
    Ablast wrote: I have seen better LTDs for less, but if you're a beginner and interested in this, try it before you buy it!
    they were used now that I think about it
    mcamp1230
    DanielHsv0 wrote: Are you kidding Better Ltds for Less??? you can't get a better guitar then this for the price! Its amazing Perfect for Begginers and Advanced Players! And Why the hell would you want to get a used one!!!
    Ill always take a used guitar over a new one if its in good condition. As far as it being a good guitar for advanced players, im not sure about that, I would think advanced players would be able to hear and feel its shortcomings.
    edbert
    I got one of these used a couple years ago, and it's pretty damn solid considering they are $199 new on MF. It doesn't feel cheap like a lot of other entry level guitars, nice glossy neck and solid construction...good overall feel and playability (especially for lower tunings). The stock pickups are pretty meh though. Upgrade the pups (and tuners) and you have a beast of an axe for cheap.
    rageahol
    I got an MH-300 and fitted it with EMGs for 300 euro, these go for about 250 euro.
    Ablast