LTD H-51 review by ESP

ESP: LTD H-51

This suits my Music style extremely well! I play a lot of different types of Rock and Metal such as Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Post-grunge, Alternative Rock/metal, Punk Rock, Blues Rock, Thrash metal etc. I have used this guitar with 2 different Amps a Sonik Amp out of a Starters pack from my previous Guitar and a Vox VT20+. The Sonik is a very low quality amp but still manages to sounds very good with this guitar. I also tried a Zoom G1N Effects pedal thought this Amp the distortion channels were great! The guitar sounds amazing through the Vox, Clean channels to distortion and Effects everything is Awesome. It never seems to be noisy or feedback. With the Amp the Guitar has a massive amount of variety. I probably wouldn't recommend anything classical, country or to soft the guitar is designed for Rock/Heavy Metal. The Harmonics and Pinches are all fine as far as I know/have tried.

I don't have much experience with Electric Guitars I have been playing Acoustic guitar for 5-6 years and Just started getting more serious about Electrics. This is only my Second Electric Guitar, I've owned it for nearly 2 Month now and am Extremely happy with it. You may think I am rating too kindly but I have had a pretty prefect experience with this guitar so far Espically considering the price I got it For. Apparently this guitar was worth $469 Brand New but since then I have seen it in a music catalogue for $350. If it was Lost or Stolen Well I don't really want to think about that considering this was the only one available online, I would probably buy a very similar model if I couldn't find it again such as a VIPER-10, M-10 or a EC-50 (Not that I would have enough money till Christmas). I Think the best features about this guitar is the Uniquely Shaped Headstock which looks Amazing and The Bright Electric Blue Color, But even the Volume/Tone controls, The Shape and Sound it produces. I don't hate anything about it. The things that could have been better/Wish it had would be if the guitar had 24 Frets instead of 22 But it really doesn't effect me or matter! Also the 3-Way Switch doesn't look as nice as it does on the Higher more Expensive models! I Would Definitely Recommend this guitar to anyone I think its one of the best in the price range!

The Guitar Would withstand live playing and If/When I do I Will feel Comfortable to use it without a backup but still probley take a back up if I have/can get one just in case. The Hardware seem like it will last for years without replacing! Strap button are solid I can jump around and headbang and they'll be fine. The Finsh is very Durable Dosent seem thin or seem to wear off.

The Guitar was Perfectly set-up as Factory. The Pickups are adjusted Perfect I've had no problem! There were no flaws nothing was loose whatsoever apart from the Black Plastic that goes around the pickups and holds them together became slightly loose but that hasn't effected anything at all... The Electric blue Color is what first attracted me the color is very bright and... Electric. I didn't like the Cherry Red very much just not as nice as the blue and doesn't suit my tastes! I Think it leaves a better impression with the blue as well! On the very top of the headstock in the wood is a small black line but now I'm just being fussy and trying to find flaws!

Specifications: - Bolt-On Construction - 25.5" Scale - Basswood body - Maple Neck - Rosewood Fingerboard - 42mm Standard Nut - Thin U Neck Contour - 22 XJ Frets - Chrome Hardware - ESP Tuners - TOM Bridge - ESP LH-150 (B & N) p.u. Controls: - Master Volume - 3-Way Switch - Master Tone Finishes: - EB (Electric Blue), BCH (Red Cherry) 10 Years ago an Electric guitar with the Specs this guitar would have been worth over $1000. To get a guitar with these specs coming as factory i have to rate a 10.

dinnerlee
    I own this guitar and it has 24 frets, and it definitely does not feel like it was made by kids. There are no flaws in the craftsmanship at all. While I did only pay $150, it feels like it should be worth more. I have owned many guitars that cost a lot more, and this guitar is just as nice if not better. It may be pretty basic but it's my favorite guitar to play. For a cheap guitar I don't think there is anything any better.
    dinnerlee
    Oh and for the one who claimed this cost $350, you either got taken or don't know which guitar you have!
    MadeB
    I've played acoustic guitar for years, this is my first electric guitar and i must say it has quality sound and a quality build for this price. This guitar does styles such as metal, punk rock better than other styles. I bought it at a store that had people trying it out so the output was a little loose. (I suppose that was the reason) But that's an easy fix. I have combined this guitar with a 'Fender Mustang I V2' Which sounds really good and gives me the oppurtunity of creating every single sound. For beginners This guitar is definately a great buy.