LTD JH-200 review by ESP

ESP: LTD JH-200

Purchased from: Guitar Workshop

This guitar is great for the metal stuff I play, the EMGs give a great sound along with my Line 6 Uber Metal pedal. And you can make some amazing sqeals with the floyd rose. EMG-HZ's are not active, so are probably not as versatile as regular EMGs, but they still deliver a really good heavy tone, which is versatile enough for switching between solo, and riffing tones (both of which being very easy with the very thin neck).

I play mostly metal, and this is a guitar built for Jeff Hanneman, so it will be good for metal. I've been playing for 3 years now, and own a les paul, and this guitar surpasses it easily. As far as effects are concerned, I only really use the Line 6 Uber Metal. If it were stolen, I would buy it again if I could resist the Alexi Laiho guitar lol. I like everything about it, it's similar to the Kirk Hammet model and more or less and ESP M-model. The only thing I with it had would be a reverse headstock, but that doesnt't really matter.

I haven't played gigs with this guitar, but it has served me well in numerous 3 hour band practices, never going out of tune or anything. I have had no problems with the strap buttong which are properly screwed in and don't even budge. The finish seem good, and resistant to scratces. Another thing is, with the floyd rose, it doesnt't really matter about the action as you get it from the factory as it is easily changeable.

The action was just fine, not too high, but not ridiculously low. I didn't even take notice of the pickups, which probaly meant they were adjusted fine, However there is a slight rattle on when you play the second fret, but you don't notice it with an amp. Apart from that all of the pickup switches, tone knobs and other controls and things are fitted perfecly. Another thing is, with the floyd rose, it doesnt't really matter about the action as you get it from the factory as it is easily changeable.

The guitar is Jeff Hanneman of Slayer's signature ESP (well LTD). It's got 24 frets and rather cool eagle inlays. The neck is bolted on and I'd pleasingly thin, making it very easy to play. It's a Strat style with a floyd rose licenced bridge, and EMG-HZ pickups. These are all makings of a decent metal guitar.

Swamplord
    gutfeeling666
    Swamplord wrote: Cool man, that beast would of cost you a pretty penny. Im getting a 200-FM ESP and its gunna cost $1250 big ones. AND I must agree, that Alexi Laiho's guitar would be friggin mad to have, even tho the LTD costs 2500. Dont kno who could afford his ESP for 5000! Damn swamplord cmon! Where are you living in? The slums of L.A?! Here in AUS its only 3500! Ha!
    chikn123
    my first actual guitar, better than everyone elses that i know XD and kicks asp
    IPlaySchecter
    I looked at and played this guitar at the guitar shop. I bought the LTD mh-250lt instead. The main reason i did this is because i dont like tremolo's. i would rather be playing than messing around with a damn trem.
    Spirit_Crusher
    the '07 models come with kahler. I'm trying to decide between this guitar and a schecter damien FR. . .
    punksucks666
    oh yer and mark - o kerry king is the one who wont use anything but kahlers, unless he absolutly has to, i think jeff isnt as strict on it.
    punksucks666
    wats th difference between an original floyd rose and a kahler bridge? Slayer are pretty good, angel of death is a cool song
    bodom_hatecrew
    Swamplord i don't know where you live but the ltd alexi-600 is only 1300 here in canada, ad the esp is 3999
    Mark-O1987666
    This guitar is awsome, however it's not set up like Jeff's :p. He uses the actuve EMG pickips, 85 in the neck and 81 in the bridge position. He also would never use a Floyd Rose, he's a Kahler man :-] Mark-O
    MaAal_MaAan
    reverse headstocks FTW!!! yeah, its a really good guitar, i played it for ages in the store. they eventually kicked me out
    MaAal_MaAan
    reverse headstocks FTW!!! yeah, its a really goods guitar, i played it for ages in the store. they eventually kicked me out
    jonnyanomaly2
    Cool, Thanks for all the comments. Yeah, the JH-600 would be better, but i got this guitar for 450 (in Britain) and thats a really good deal (probably about $650 or something) And for swamplord, you can get the Alexi for $1,100 on www.samedaymusic.com
    JV13
    Better off saving your money and going for the JH-600 with the the 81/85, Ebony fretboard, and original floyd.
    N_I_N-621
    I doubt a 200 series guitar would cost you more than $500. And for Mark-O, Jeff has an Original Floyd Rose on his Jackson Soloist. A pretty nice guitar though (The JH-200), especially for all us Slayer fans on a budget.
    dlowe102
    I bought one at a pawn shop for 130.00 and i would say it feels worth 130.00 but i would never ever pay what these cost new. the body is cheap light wieght basswood. the frets are polished nicely but the action is ridiculously high for a guitar like this even with a set up. The kahler is cool beacause you can turn in a screw and it becomes fixed and also when set as a trem your palm mutting hand doesnt move the trem as it is behind the bridge that has rollers. The pickups feedback alot also