LTD KH-2 review by ESP

ESP: LTD KH-2

The active '81s make this machine roar and I could'nt think of better pickups for a live gig. This guitar is perfect for metal it squeals and is right up there for any metal fan especially Metallica fans. The amp I would suggest is anything 100 watts and up cause the actives don't react well to an amp thats turned down.

I play alot of Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pantera for about three and a half years and this beast has never let me down. My favourite feature has to be the skull and bones inlays plus the Kirk Hammett signature on the headstock. If this guitar was lost or stollen I think I would break down since I couldn't afford this ever again. The last thing I have to say is if you want a guitar as good as this save up, even if you want a guitar now its worth the time and effort and you won't be dissapointed.

You could thrash this thing all day and night and it would sound just as good as the day before. It's best to get somne strap locks as any guitar player would know the strap never stays where you want it to.

The finish has a maple neck; rosewood fingerboard; skull & bones inlays; EMG 81 active pickups; 2 volume & 1 tone control with 3-way slotted Switch; 24 XJ frets. Everything on this guitar is perfectly positioned with no flaws.

The KH2 consists of a bolt-on construction; 25.5" scale; alder body; maple neck; rosewood fingerboard; skull & bones inlays; EMG 81 active pickups; 2 volume & 1 tone control with 3-way slotted Switch; black hardware; Original Floyd Rose bridge; 24 XJ frets and has a black finish.