LTD KH-2 review by ESP

ESP: LTD KH-2

Purchased from: Local Music Store

My main music style is Metallica. So this is perfect for me. I play this through my crappy Peavey in practice, but at gigs, I blast it out in my Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt. Makes a great clean tone and a super crunchy hard distortion. Also perfect to make divebombs and whammy bar noises.

This guitar is overall the best I have ever owned. Great feel, great finish, great tone, great neck contour and I could go on and on and on and on. Due to the price, I think I won't be able to get this guitar again if it was lost or stolen. Since I saved for about 2 YEARS just to get the money to get it.

I played with this guitar during my bands little "tour" around the district, and it survived everything I threw at it (literally! ). The bridge is very secure and nut is also secure. Even though it's very good and stable, I'll say that I'll take a backup just in case, cause the strings this guitar came with weren't coated and started to rust after the first hours of the first gig, and I didn't have a backup. So we cancelled the rest of that show. For the strap buttons, I gave it my "signature" test. If you want to do it, here is how it goes: Hold the guitar up to you face, then just let go. NOTE: you need a VERY hard strap.

I have to hand it to the factory, they made a great guitar. The pickups are adjusted to the perfect height and the bridge is perfectly routed. The only problem was that the pick up selector gave a little buzz when I Switch between pickups, but fixed it by taking it to my local music store.

This guitar was made in 2007. A Standard LTD body and reverse headstock with an extra thin neck, makes for very easy playing. Neck-thru-body construction and 24 XJ frets makes it more confortable to play and shred in. Body wood is american alder and neck wood is solid maple, with a rosewood fingerboard. It has a distressed black finish with some stickers that Kirk put on the original one. The bridge is an original Floyd Rose, great for doing some of the sounds that Kirk makes on the albums. The pickups are active EMG 81 and 60, in the bridge and neck position. Also you get two volume pots for each pickup and a master tone pot. The nut is a Floyd Rose locking nut, then you have Standard Gotoh tuners. Black hardware everywhere. Comes with a hard-shell case.