LTD KH-202 review by ESP

ESP: LTD KH-202

Purchased from: Musos Corner Newcastle

This guitar would suit many styles from bluse to heavy metal and byond. I play my guitar through a 30w Roland Cube and sounds the cleanest, and brightest I've ever heard. On the other hand with the gain all the way to 10 it sounds like I could play on stage with Metallica. The guitar is quiet as but has loads of sustain.

Overall this guitar is awesome compared to other guitars I've played (Fenders, Epiphones) but if I lost this guitar I wouldnt but it again purely because I like variety and I really want an ibenaz jem. I really like the floyd rose abd the scull inlays. But I dislike it when a string breaks because it takes longer than usual to fix.

I would personly not toke this guitar giging without a backup only because of the floyd rose bridge, if a string breaks your stuffed. the hard ware dosen't seem like it will last 50 years but that is only because the bottom line of pickups and floyd rose. The more you pay the more you play.

When I got it form the shop there was nothing wrong except for a wrongly put in string that broke immediately after ising the tremolo bridge but that was easy fixed. After about a week the tromolo arm is loose when wound all the way in but is tolerable. And also the 22 fret had a little rust but all this will be fixed for free when I sed it back to musos corner.

The KH-202 is my 2nd guitar after a 2nd hand Fender Strat. Compared to this it has great features. The 24 XJ frets will please and benifit any shredder. it comes fitted with a floyd rose tremolo system along with locking nut. The controls are 2 voloume and 1 tone and a 3 way selector selecting the EMG-HZ's. I was a little disapointed with the black finish, every single mark and smudge shows up and would of looked better and cleaner if it was mat black. The coolest part of the guitar is the scull and crossbones inlays which impresed me and anyone that looks ot the guitar. Sadly it came with no extras.