LTD KH-202 review by ESP

ESP: LTD KH-202

Purchased from: mothers music

I'm in love with the tone. There is so much more top end compared to my Epi Les Paul. I play with a wah, flanger and a noise suppressor into a Marshall AVT 50. It sounds great, perfect for rockin the thrash metal. The only issue with the sound is that the clean tones can be a little compromised, but that's what the Les Paul is for.

At the moment, I'm a pretty hardcore, all-out, long mop sportin metal-head, so this guitar is right up my alley. The shape is natural, the playability is excellent, great metal tone, and it looks wicked cool (sadly which is half the battle). I always like ready what people write for the stolen thing, so personally, I would take the guitar from the moron Who took it and impale his sternum upon the headstock (ala If you want Blood), pick up the guitar and rip a painfully fast solo over his rotting corpse. Then probably burn his house down.

LTDs are f--kin tough. Tougher than Fords. I've played their basses and guitars and these things are tough as nails. I've never had a problem playing klive although my bands nature prevents from gigging w/o a backup (different guitars for different tunings and tones).

This is the guitars specialty. The neck is thin and built for speed to kill. The black finish is great just like the saying "black is beauty". Only issue: black shows everything! Every tick, fingerprint, cigarette burn, or lipstick Kiss from my old lady shows up on here. it's a tad annoying. I bought this guitar to shred and shred it shall do.

'06 model has a 25-1/2" scale, Basswood body, Maple neck with rosewood fretboard, EMG-ESP LH-300 pickup set, 2 volume, tone, 3-way switching, Black hardware, Floyd Rose licensed tremolo, 24 extra-jumbo frets. The pickups are passive, the tremolo isn't perfect but it works, and I love the woodgrain finish on the back of the neck. I think it looks cool. The reverse headstock and skull inlays pulled out the old visa for me.