LTD KH-202 review by ESP

ESP: LTD KH-202

Purchased from: Furtado's

I mostly play stuff like Metallica, creed, nirvana etc and it suits my playing style perfectly. I play it through a pretty crappy Kustom 20 watt and a Boss OS-2 pedal. It's very good especially in the clean channel. with the distortion it's even better. The difference that stunned me was how much clearer and bright it played compared to me Les Paul.

This is the part where people threaten to do all the different kind of things if their axe was stolen, but I'll say this, if it was lost or stolen I would be devastated, but would definately buy it again. it is perfect value for money and a pretty serious guitar.

This guitar will definately withstand Live playing (although I've never gotten the chance yet:), hopefully that day isn't far off ), but then again it isn't very wise to gig without a backup. The strap buttons feel like they would hold, but then again you could get strap locks to be on the safer side. This finish on this thing won't last 50 years but will do.

The action was a bit too high when I played it initially, but I got it lowered at the shop. Other than that it did not have any flaws, everything else was alright. The pickups didn't need any adjusting, the factory setup was fine. the finish was clean and good.

Just got my second guitar... and my dream baby, an ESP KH-202. I've a Epiphone Les Paul Special II, but this baby is in a different league altogether. Mine is manufactured in China, I think, well that's atleast what it says behind the headstock. It is a super Strat design with 24 xtra jumbo frets and a superb maple neck and a rosewood fretboard. it has a bolt on construction with a basswood body. The finish is black. The only problem is that all marks and fingerprints show up on it, but that's something that can be easily resolved with a piece of cloth. It has a licensed Floyd Rose tremlo system, which stays in tune fairly well, although I have to say that this is my first experience with a tremlo system of any kind, so I'm still learning. It has 2 LH-300 passive Humbuckers with 3 control knobs. 2 for volume and 1 for tone and a 3 way pickup Switch. It has a double locking system and my guitar came with a gig bag, allen wrenches and a string set.