LTD KH-202 review by ESP

ESP: LTD KH-202

It works for my styles of music. Sounds really heavy when it needs to. also sounds very bright. I use a Peavy Transformer 112 with tons of effects and it works great. it can make a variety of sounds with a huge range. it goes out of tune too much which sucks majorly. the rose sounds awesome when its in tune

I play heavy music and light music and it works good with them. Ive been playing for a year and a half. 2 Strats, Douglas shadow (les paul) and a Lauren Acoustic. If i wouldve noticed it was used at the shop i wouldntve got it. if it was stolen i would not buy it again because to me it isnt worth the $450 new and the newer versions pickups SUCK ASS. I love the pickups and the light weight. I hate the Floyd Rose because youre limited on what string you can use. I compared it to the rest of the guitars at the shop and looking back i wouldve taken the Ibanez or the BC Rich. I wish it had lighter strings and a better cable plug.

This guitar will withstand live playing, its built to Kirk's guitar that he tours with and is famous for. The hardware is very tough and lasts though the Floyd Rose doesnt like to stay in tune :/ Strap buttons are screwed to the strap. VERY strong. I can depend on it if the Ernie Ball strings didn't mess it up so much :S the rose is WAY off kilter and i cant adjust it :/ and replacing strings take forever. The finish is nice but it does scratch.

Dont know. Pickups work and sound awesome. everything was set up perfect. Couple of nasty chips and scratches on the back. in my opinion i would never get another guitar with a Floyd Rose or i would never change the strings or change em once and leave it.

no clue what year it is, bought it in 2010. Made in Korea. 24 frets, 25.5" scale, Thin neck, jumbo (XJ, assuming extra Jumbo?) frets, Maple neck. Solid top Basswood body and maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. Gloss black finish with black nickel hardware Axe style body Floyd rose 2 Volume, 1 Tuner, and a 3-way selector 2 humbucker pickups, EMG-HZs ESP locking tuners bought it used from a music store, nothing else.

saint_berzerker
    "Features: My KH was made In 2011, made in china. It has thin 24 fret neck made out of TREE wood." Really? Real freaking tree, eh?
    thegreasefire
    This axe has a pretty sweet look to it, and I honestly wanted to get one after seeing it. Unfortunately, the build quality disappointed me. Cheap wood, mediocre pickups, and a Floyd Rose that truly is a piece of garbage are a few things that bothered me. If you are a dude that cares mostly about looks, or a huge Metallica fan, this may be the guitar for you. But if you enjoy good solid guitar with good hardware and such, there are better options out there.
    MetalSlvg
    unnamedplayer
    Vincentvdakker wrote: I've got mine about 5 years ago and I still notice that I play the best at this guitar. I also own a Ibanez Prestige S, but it doesn't have the same feel. When I pick up this guitar I just play better. I've also had no issues with this guitar. I love it !
    You should of had bought an ESP, instead of the prestige, if that is true for you.
    Vincentvdakker
    MaggaraMarine
    MetalSlvg wrote: So, there are 3 knobs on the body. Two volume (one for each pup) and a master tone, which order are they in?
    Volume-volume-tone I guess, as usually.
    Louthesnakeman
    The pick ups are EMG's in fact... not a cheap knock off of EMG, simply EMG in coperation with ESP
    Davidloc
    Davidloc
    Davidloc wrote: The LTD (It is not an ESP and it shows !!!) KH-202 should never have been built at that price point. The FR trem is garbage and the locking nut will strip out on at least one bolt after 5 changes max. FR Special is not special its stamped soft metal. I swapped out the muddy sounding pickups for EMG X81 and X60s and now it sounds like a metal guitar. The finish has been decaled and over coated as the poly looked too plastic and sticks to you until you start to sweat. The G saddle was too low and buzzed but that was par for the substandard FR special quality (I swapped in for an OFR and an R2 nut, It has a nut stamped R1 but it is NOT) The straplocks are awkward for changing guitars (EG unclipping the body so you dont have to mess with cables if you use a WR system) That was swapped out for Schallers. $469 CAD because I thought it would look nice while doing Metallica covers, $750 dollars later in parts and mods it now does what it is supposed to. If it got stolen I might club the guy over the head with it and rob enough money off him to get a KH2 but would not buy this guitar again, Kirk you should be ashamed of yourself for putting your name on it !!!!
    The neck warped after 5 months of proper storage. Swapped out for a beefier thin C with sharktooth inlays , dropped a brass big block in and now it has serious sustain and distortion through an MXR chorus pedal would give you goose bumps. the result guitar totally rocks , the original one blew goats.
    ZA58
    I forgot I commented on this guitar but I wonder can you whammy without going out of tune like a sqier
    JohnMerrick
    is it just me or is the shape a bit weird... as in slightly different to the other guitars in the KH series
    dementiacaptain
    billg111081 wrote: xanubisx I don't know much about ESP. What are the better options?
    well im my opinion anything from the ec series, short of the bottom line one. the ec401 for example. but its not the same body style, so i guess its not exactly an option if u want a double cutaway
    xanubisx
    this guitar is a huge rip off for $699, i bought this guitar 3 years ago when i knew nothing of guitars. There are a lot of better options in the esp lineup for the same amount of cash that would come with real emg's and a set neck. All tho the guitar did last 3 years of hell (house party's) there are better options for the money