LTD M-10 review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-10

Price paid: A$ 150

The LTD M-10 is my backing guitar for gigs and practices just in case my ESP Eclipse has any problems (which hasn't happened yet touches wood) I play a mix of styles but mainly Post-hardcore/Metalcore and the M-10 handles this beautifully but doesn't seem to do alot else, I have two amps a 15w Line 6 Spider 3 and a Blackstar HT Studio 20 both of which have tone to boot and the guitar provides but only problem is the musky sound in clean tones but pretty sure that goes if you put pick up covers over the humbuckers. The M-10 squeels when you do pinch harmonics and has a very fast action and is very comfortable to play but would use my ESP over it anyday.

Like I said I play mainly Post-Hardcore/Metalcore and this Guitar certainly is a good match. I've been playing for 3 years and own a ESP Eclipse 1 in Vintage Black, Ashton The Player (Les Paul Shape) and the M-10 I have two amps which are both stated in Sound pedals I have include Digital Delays and the ML2 Metalcore pedal among others I wish I had asked when my mate bought it do you have the snow white. If it was stolen/Lost I would go get another one without even thinking about it its that good for the style I play. I love this guitars Shape and Sound for its price Hate that it lacks in power due to its pick ups and my favourite feature is its shape. When I went with my mate to get this guitar he got me to try it out against other basic level guitars in store for around the same price which were: Schecter Omen Squire Tele Epiphone Les Paul Jackson Dinky Js Ashton The Player Also I used to own a Jackson WRXT but the M-10 plays and sounds nicer told my mate to buy it even though he loves the Les Paul shape as the M-10 had all the other guitars we tried out beat Gear I wish I had will limit to back up guitars on this and they are ESP/LTD M-300FM, ESP/LTD M-1000FM, ESP/LTD H-1001FR, ESP/LTD EC-1000FR all of which are floyd rose bridge guitars.

The M-10 would easily stand up to live playing and is a rather common guitar I've seen at metal gigs in my city even one covered in news paper clippings that had also been set on fire and it still sounds the same as a new one I've seen them generaly mistreated and they still work fine and look the same so on that sence the guitar gets a 1000/10 on durability but I can not actually tell you if the stock strap buttons are any good because they got replaced with strap locks instantly and all the M-10s I've seen have them too but any guitarist no matter your style get strap locks I swear by them. As I said at the start this is my back up guitar but if it was my main one I would still bring a back up but that's not due to it not being reliable its due to the fact its a gig you always need a spare guitar if you have one at home.

I played this guitar when my mate first got it (ended up buying it off him) and the action was a bit high for my liking and the pick ups didn't feel at the right height but 5 minutes of adjusting later I had it just the way I like. I haven't opened up the guitar yet but knowing what ESP/LTD are like I'm pretty sure it is nicely set up in side. The controls are all solid and make no noise only problem is like others have said is the Jack gets loose but that can be tightened up so again easy fix.

- Bolt on Neck - 25.5" Scale - Basswood Body - Maple Neck - Rosewood Fingerboard - 22 frets - ESP tuners - String Thru Body Bridge, would be better with a Foyld Rose - volume and tone with 3 way selector - 2 passive ESP LH-100 Humbucker pick ups, would be better with EMG 81/85 Combo or Blackouts restrung with 52-10s skinny top heavy bottom - Came with Amp, Case, Picks, Cable, Strap in starter pack when bought by my mate for 500NZD, I only bought the guitar off him for 150.

SaintSinister
    This LTD was the first electric i ever got and probably paid about $200 for the starter pack and honestly, been playing for a long time, own a lot of great expensive guitars and i can honestly say for the sound that you get out of it is still one of the heaviest out of all i own. I use it for my song writing still and throw around guitar for traveling and after all ive put it through, its still in one piece and sounding as good as when i first got it. You pay so little to get so much in one guitar. Very underrated.
    rcandido75
    I have an ESP LTD M 10 left hand. See my profile page. They rarely import left models here in Philippines. Made in Vietnam with serial numbers.