LTD M-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-100FM

Purchased from: rob's music loft (wilm, NC)

The stock pickups got the job done, but are not anywhere close to good. However, they managed to stay in axe for several years. I depended on my FX to get the sounds I wanted. I have replaced the bridge with an Ibanez V-5 (Dual Blade, 16.0 Kohms) and a SD '59 in the neck. The guitar now has character and I stand to play it straight into the amp with out FX. one the replacement was made there was a night and day difference, I feel like it is a new guitar.

I'm your run of the mill rock/blues/metal/shredder. This guitar is now ideal for these styles. It took me seven years to get decent (imho), and I'm still working on it. This is as good as my '70s Vantage LP, Brownsville V, or homebuilt guitars. If this got lost I hate myself for a long time, and if it was stolen the theif better watch his back. I would upgrade to a similar, but better guitar, maybe a Strat made of mahogany. The neck is incredible, nice finish on it. My hand just slides up and down real easy. I would actually consider buying another one and put different humbuckers in it. It's that good.

This guitar has withstood many parties; it will last. this is my workhorse/woodshedding guitar. I play it practically everyday. I have complete faith in esp/ltd. The one thing that has crapped out on me was the string retaining blocks in the bridge. The strings started popping out while tuning or playing. Got some replacements from music for like $ .30 a piece. After 4/5 years with this guitar, things start to wear down.

The guitar was set fine at first, but then I got my hands on it. it took me a long time to learn how to set it up for my purposes, since it was my first floating tremolo. Floyd roses can be a hassle, so go by a trem stabilizer. It has been too long for me to rate this category, but they make you so.

This is a Korean made Strat style guitar with 2 passive humbuckers, 1 tone, 1 vol, 3-way Switch, regular Tgeneriuc tuners similar to Grovers, and a licesenced floyd rose. I got this in 2001. I describe it as the most basic kammet signature w/a tremolo. Solid black finish, no pickguard. At the time I bought this, it was exactly what I was looking for in a guitar.