LTD M-100FM review by ESP

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
ESP: LTD M-100FM

This guitar fits my playing style well. I mainly play metal like August Burns Red, As Blood Runs Black, and The Black Dahlia Murder. But I also play alot of Pink Floyd and Red Hot Chili Peppers. My ltd humbucker broke but even before then I didn't really like the sound it provided. Both clean, and distorted the guitar sound wasn't that great. But when I switch to my EMG pickup the guitar sounds alot brighter and more rich. But the guitar sound does suit my music style its very loud and packs a punch I wouldn't really use this guitar on anything else but rock, metal, or punk. I can say that the EMG pickup makes the sound alot brighter and stronger but normally they don't come with one so I'm going to rate it as if it still had both regular stock ones.

Overall the guitar is great for the price I payed. If you get this guitar I strongly urge you to take out the humbuckers becuase they do hold back the sound alot. But with the EMG's it sounds much better and perfect for the style that I play. The action is amazing, and the guitar feels amazing to play and thats one main reason why I still have it. It looks simple just like a Strat without a pickguard but also looks good. For the price I payed I can say you can't really get any better than this guitar. And I still use it to this day after seven years.

I've never actually taken this guitar out of the house. I just mainly play at home. I've been playing for seven years and this has been my first guitar. I mainly use this one for the feel and sound and I still use it regularly. Everything is perfect but as I said before my stock humbucker broke. The screws came out and some wires on the inside got messed up so now I just rely on my EMG pickup. And the guitar does go out of tune quickly. I don't think I would use this guitar during a gig I can say this is more of a at home practice guitar. So I'm going to rate it a six.

When I got this guitar I can say the action was perfect. The pickups were adjusted perfect and it didn't really have any flaws. The feel of this guitar is amazing the neck is a thin U shape, when you play it if fits your hand perfect, and it plays so smooth. The strings bend very nicely and effortlessly. This is honestly my favorite part about this guitar It just feels perfect. I also have a Epiphone SG deluxe that I paid about five hundred for too but I can say I love the feel of this guitar way more.

This guitar was made in Korea I'm guessing around 2001. It has two knobs on it, one tone, one volume, and a three way switch. The guitar has 24 jumbo frets with dot inlays, and has the model number on the twelfth fret. The body is basswood, neck is maple back with rosewood fretboard and fingerboard. It has a Floyd Rose w/ locking tremelo. The guitar usually comes with two LTD brand humbuckers but I got it with one humbucker and one EMG pickup. Overall for the price paid there are pretty good features on this guitar.