LTD M-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-100FM

Purchased from: Music123

I play metal, mostly. I have the guitar connected to a Fender Amp(forgot which model but it costs about 150, so its not thaaaat great) through DigiTech RP80. The tone on this guitar is pretty good for the price. Gives good crunch and good harmonics. Sustain is pretty good too but not where I need it but the good thing is, its compatible with EMG active pickups, so I will change the pickups once I have the money for 'em.

Like I mentioned before, I play a lot of metal. Usually Metallica, Pantera, Megadeth etc. and this guitar fits right in. It's a great guitar for rhythm and as far as solos go, it has a decent sound but the pickups could be better. I would buy this guitar again if it were stolen since I love the comfort this guitar offers. My favourite features definitely are the Floyd Rose, which kicks ass, and the xjumbo frets. I don't think any other brand has these featuers for the price tag. I wish it had an extra tone knob for a little more flexibility but one knob will do. All in all, a great intermediate guitar for the price you pay. It's also upgradable, which I like the most, cause I don't think I'm gonna keep the factory pickups for long.

I'm not too sure about playing live since I never have and don't plan on doing it. But the guitar seems durable enough. The strap is great, never falls off and the hardware is solid. the guitar has a good finish and will last a long time.

the guitar has a good neck and the xjumbo frets are awesome for shredding those fast metallica solo, they also sound way better when you're tapping. The neck is fast and 25.5 scale is a little thinnner than my old guitar, so I'm enjoying the convenience. The Floyd Rose stays in tune no matter what, the guitar goes everywhere I go around the house and it slips off the wall and falls but still stays prefectly in tune. Since its a floyd rose, fine tuning is a piece of cake if you know how to string the guitar. But I wouldn't suggest floyd rose for a beginner, I think its too much to handle. One thing I hate about the bridge is, the placement of the tremolo bar. It sticks out and gets in the way. I'm used to resting my palm on the bridge and playing but when I have the bar on, I have to pick close to the neck, which is annonying but since I don't use it unless I have to, I guess its no big deal. The guitar is durable, a little heavy but thats no issue at all. All in all, its a good finish. Thumbs up to ESP.

24 xjumbo frets with lic. Floyd Rose and ESP LH100 Humbuckers with 3-way Switch, a volume and a tone knob.