LTD M-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-100FM

I play lead guitar for a classic/hard rock cover band, playing Van Halen, GNR, AC/DC, Nickelback, etc. I purchased this guitar on a budget for the hotter coiled pickups and Floyd Rose. I play through a B52 AT100 head, and it suits the job perfectly. Palm muting takes a little to get used to, as the volume knobs get in the way of your pinky if you have large hands like I do, but can pull off pinch harmonics better than any guitar I've ever played.

I've been playing for almost 6 years, my other guitar is a Gibson SG special. Only thing I wish ESP would change is move the volume/tone knobs back a bit to keep from hitting them while palm muting, but again I think the problem is my big hands. Would definitely buy another one if anything were to happen to this one.

I've bounced this around in the back of a pickup on the way to a show with no problems at all. All hardware seems solid with no loose knobs. Strap buttons were replaced with Strap-Loc's, as I do with all of my guitars, but the stock buttons seemed to be fine with a fat head to keep the strap from falling off. It is my primary guitar for Standard tuning, the locking nut keeps it in tune even after a few dive-bombs.

Had Guitar Center change the factory strings for a set of Hybrid Slinkys and adjust everything before I took possession, but from playing in the store, couldn't tell anything wrong. Paint work is beautiful, on both the body and the hardware. Nothing loose, everything seems to work as it should.

24 Jumbo frets, Floyd Rose bridge, locking nut, Allen keys. Solid red with black/midnight gray hardware. Bought a case and 10' Monster cable, but they were not included(Guitar Center did cut me a small break as a sort of "package deal", but this wasn't the first time that I had bought there).