LTD M-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-100FM

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

It has a nice sound (distortion and clean) on the guitar for it's price. The only problem is to use the guitar in Dropped D, the strings sounds kind of wierd and that is annoying if you like to play metal stuff. Pinch harmonics aren't painful to do like in cheaper guitars. I use a Dunlop Crybaby with this thing and a PBS amp of 15watts and sounds amazing. (Some feedback eventually comes)

I play mostly metal, such as Metallica and Iron Maiden, and hard rock like Guns n Roses and this guitar is it. It gets the sound you will want in metal and it has a lot of sustain. If were stollen or lost I would get this one again or another superior model with EMGs. I have been playing 4 years spanish guitar and I will have very soon a year with electric guitar and I think I will stay with this guitar quite a time, I will only do some updates in the future because I am so sastisfied with this guitar.

This guitar can withstand playing Live. It seems to last but not the Floyd Rose. Asking about the strap buttons? Is very painful to change the strap since is so stuck at the guitar, so I think you will not have problem trusting if it will hold your guitar.

I had to waste a lot of money setting up and fixing this guitar. It came with some frets higher than others making the strings buzz and with the neck a little bit twisted. It's paint was amazing, it came with no scratches and I liked the way my guitar came by mail, the guitar was protected at all angles, nothing could have happened to it (don't try to throw your guitar in the box, I would not try either). The factory strings were good but I didn't came to "full test them" because of the twisted neck near the headstock. Playing a guitar for it's price is a dream, it has a thin and fast neck, allowing you to shred the crap out.

This thing is so worth it for it's price. Comes with jumbo frets, Floyd Rose system with lockings on nut, a reversed headstock, ESP humbucking pickups, and a 3 way Switch. Didn't came with any accesories, only with the tremolo bar and some allen wrenches to unlock the locking nut and adjust the bridge.