LTD M-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-100FM

Purchased from: AudioMusica, Santiago de Chile

I play classic heavy metal and this guitar suits perfect for this style. I used a 40W Electrovox amp with a berigher UD-100 Distortion and a DD-400 Delay.The guitar is very noiseless, even in high-gain settings. It provides a very dark sound, special for heavy Riffs.It also provides good harmonics and a very warm clean tone, but I think that with better pickups it would sound a lot better due to the fact that it comes with Standard ESP pickups.

As I said before, I play heavy metal and ESP/LTD guitars are specially design for this style. I play guitar for 5 years now and this guitar is incredibly better than my cheap Burmeister Stratocaster guitar. I'm incredibly happy with this guitar, so If it were stolen I would definetely buy it again. I love his neck because it is extremely comfortable and fast and his Lic. Floyd Rose bridge because it works perfectly. I Compare this guitar with a JS35-RR Jackson guitar and I prefer this one because of its Bridge and his XJ frets. The only thing I would wish it had is an EMG 85/81 set.

The guitar looks very solid and I think that it will last. The hardware is very reliable and the licensed Floyd Rose is excellent. The strap buttons are very good and solid, so I think is not necessary to get some Straplocks. The only thing that I would change are the pickups. I would use it on a gig, but I think that you always need a backup. The finish is great, with high quality details.

The guitar was set-up very good when I got it, I only had to adjust the pickups a little bit. The Floyd Rose was perfectly adjusted so I don`t have any problems of tuning, even with an intensive use of the whammy bar. The guitar has an excellent finish, and the only problem that I had was that the Volume knob was loose so I have to adjust it with a little allen key that was given with the guitar tools.

It's a new 10 ESP/LTD M-100FM, made in china. It features a 24-XJ-fret maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. It's body is made of basswood with flamed maple top. The guitar has a Lic.Floyd Rose bridge, with 2 humbuckers pickups (ESP LH-150) It has ESP tuners, 1 volumen knob and 1 tone knob with a 3-way slotted selector.